Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I'm using the Microsoft Sidewinder X6, and I love it. The numeric keypad can be attached to either side of the keyboard, and can be used as an extra macro bank. Sounds gimmicky, but it's seen good use for playing RPGs.

necrobobsledder posted:

Happy Hacking Keyboard, bitches

I've coded OSes, compilers, countless scrapers, and slayed a shitload of Internet dragons and Alliance scum with that keyboard. Portable enough to drag along in most backpacks, I never had to deal with remapping ctrl and capslock while using it... ever.

Too bad I was stupid and opened it up to clean it out and didn't let it dry long enough :( Only reason I didn't buy another one is because I don't slay Internet dragons and I reach for my beer more than my escape key because I'm using Eclipse :smithicide:

Where did you get this? It's simplicity has me in awe.

Linx fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 2, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Rusty100 posted:

Yeah I've got a Sidewinder too. Best keyboard I've owned to date. It's got the sturdiness and functionality of a Microsoft keyboard you'd expect with little to no useless gimmicks, while still managing to look drat great. The reap gripe I have with Logitech keyboards is the ridiculous over-the-top 'super xTreme gaymer' design, and I just think it looks horrible. They're messy, bulky, and usually have horrible colour schemes. I just never understood why they were so popular.

Anyway yeah, I love my Sidewinder. I very much like the magnetic-detachable Numpad. Since I never use the numpad I just take that sucker off and have more desk room for whatever. It's great. Highly recommend it.

Not to mention all the great macro keys for all you nerdy gamers and stuff.

I've never been one for the logitech keyboard designs either. I fail to see the need for an LCD on a keyboard. To derail, I'm pretty sure you're the same Rusty100 from another forum I browse.

Linx fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 7, 2009

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Rusty100 posted:

To further derail, where might that be, pre tell? I'm on quite a few.

And yes, I agree. I think the whole LCD on your keyboard deal a bit pointless and gimmicky. That's why we have radars and huds. It would just prove distrating to have two different monitors in different positions. I don't want to keep having to look down at my keyboard when I'm gaming. Or doing anything. That's why I learnt to touch type.

FP?

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

xie posted:

The Sidewinder X6 looks fantastic, and I'm probably going to FINALLY give up on my old Dell Media Keyboard for it (the basic one with a few media keys). Backlighting is the big thing for me, as I'm a late night user.

Now to choose a mouse...

You should really go with the X6, it's truly a fantastic keyboard. As for a mouse, I use the Roccat Kone. It too, is fantastic. If you're into gaming, I guess.

• Locked thread