Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Lum posted:

It puzzles me why that real estate in the middle wasn't devoted to a numberpad or media keys or something. If only it had the media keys, this would so be my next keyboard. (The space bar on my trusty old Logitech Internet Navigator is broken and no longer gives any proper tactile response.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

Apparently Kinesis isn't the only company producing keyboards with the keys organised in two vague bowls. Behold, the Maltron type L:

Apparently the company has been in business since 1977 and has between then and now never even considered updating the appearance of their products. It's quite possibly the ugliest keyboard I've ever seen.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

very posted:

"Maltron" sounds like some parody company name.
Their website also looks like it was made by someone in primary school: http://www.maltron.com/

I'd really want to have an ergonomic keyboard shaped like that, but I'm not hipster enough to bring something that ugly into my home.

Jasper Tin Neck fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 10, 2009

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

I'm not that much into the clickety-clackety keys, but I suppose this is the best place to ask anyway. is there a keyboard that fulfils the following requirements:
  • Corded. Screw changing batteries.
  • Has no numpad. I rarely use it and my desk is rather narrow, so I'd appreciate a bit more space to operate the mouse instead. Yet...
  • It shouldn't have a 'compact' layout i.e the arrow and insert-to-page down keys should be properly separated from the rest like on any desktop keyboard.
Is there even such a thing? Any suggestions are much appreciated, since my shift-keys are broken and using caps-lock and the keymap to avoid a probation due to improper capitalization is getting a bit tedious.

Edit - As per usual, just after I post this I run across the microsoft sidewinder x6. Problem solved.

Jasper Tin Neck fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 13, 2010

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

bloodynose posted:

Filco Cherry Brown tenkeyless
This isn't a bad suggestion, but $121 + $48 for shipping to Finland is already a bit steep even for me. I'm also so used to media keys that given the option, I'll want to have them. Thanks for the help though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

DinosaurHouseParty posted:

Did you buy it yet? The X4 might be a better option.
Yes, I did. It suits my needs better than the X4 because of this:

My desk is very narrow, so a full-width keyboard such as the Logitech Internet navigator that died on me would force me to turn the mouse mat into a portrait orientation, which is hardly ideal considering the shape of most screens. This keyboard is like tailored for my needs.

• Locked thread