Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

malefactor posted:

I own this keyboard and I just tested it.

I can hit w + shift + spacebar

w + d + shift + spacebar

w + d + shift + ctrl + spacebar

w + a + shift + ctrl + right shift + spacebar

(tested in TF2)

???

I had this keyboard and had the same issues with ghosting. Maybe there are different models floating around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Sizzlechest posted:

What? You mean I should be a touch typist and use the force? I know people can do that, but I can't. So rather than learn how to type all over again, I'll stick with the backlight.

If you can't touch type I would say that you don't actually know how to type. So, it really wouldn't be learning how to type all over again.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Sizzlechest posted:

Congratulations. You have a skill that's been obviated by modern technology. Do you find it difficult using a Dvorak layout on your smartphone?
I didn't know keyboards had been replaced. To think, all the time I've wasted typing emails for work when I could just be hunting and pecking on a backlit keyboard.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Taima posted:

Thanks. Could you elaborate- a bowl of rice?
Uncooked rice sucks up moisture.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Is this keyboard suitable for gaming or is it one of these ones you can't use to run and jump?

I couldn't run and jump on the one I bought a couple of years ago. There's a conspiracy theory that Logitech intentionally screws up key combinations frequently used in games on their standard keyboards in order to sell their over-priced gaming ones. Probably just cheap, though.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

chippy posted:

Huh. I'm not showing her that, I'll never hear the end of it.

Thinking about this has made me realise that I never ever use the right hand shift key, always the left. Is that weird?
You should be using right shift with keys on the right side of the keyboard, instead of hitting left shift with your pinky and stretching. This habit is a motherfucker to break :smith:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

coffeetable posted:

It's faster to do it the other way round: use the ctrl/alt/shift key on the opposite side of the keyboard from the key you're modifying. Keeps emacs pinky at bay.

What you described is what I meant to write, I just had a brain fart :downs:.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

krooj posted:

Good. Don't spend that amount of money on a keyboard unless it has medical purpose. I bought an 87U, and while it's nice to type on, it isn't worth $250. The most anyone ought to spend on something like that is $150 with shipping and taxes. Topre keyboards are the $500 Army hammer of the computer world.

Speak for yourself; my RealForce is worth every yen I paid for it :colbert:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

chippy posted:

Excuse my ignorance, but why did you you need the numpad flipped to use it left handed? I just tried it with my left hand and it seems absolutely fine. Is that because I'm right handed? I don't understand.

It's so that the same fingers hit the same numbers and functions: 1, 4, 7 = index; 2, 5, 8 = middle; 3, 6, 9 = ring; etc.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Skiant posted:

That's an ISO layout.

Well, whoever decided that standard is a stupid doodie head

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

That keyboard is racist against lunix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU