Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

CapnBry posted:

I use a Logitech Illuminated keyboard now both at home and work.

A scissor-style keyboard with decent travel. Illumination in general is gimicky, but they've got the best implementation I've seen. Most keyboards illuminate around the keys, this one only lights up the letters themselves. There's almost no light leakage around the keys, which is good because if you're typing in the dark and look down it isn't like looking at a lantern. I will fault Logitech for their double height Delete key though.

If they made a version without the numeric keypad and a normal sized delete key, this would be my perfect keyboard.

that`s the best keyboard i have had so far, good layout and nice feel when typing.

the only hassle i have ever had with it is when i boot to linux and it wont activate so i have to use another keyboard to use the boot menu.... confusing. :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

modeski posted:

Lum posted:

Non-standard keyboard layout, it has a massive Delete key which means that another key (most likely Insert) has been either removed or moved to a retarded place.

Is that the only thing different? I'm currently using another Logitech Keyboard with a massive delete key, and it hasn't been a problem for me so far, so I can't imagine it being an issue in the future. I guess I don't use Insert too much!

EDIT: VVV I can totally understand how it'd be an annoyance to many people, though.

have had mine for over a year now and love it to death, keys feel good and it suits my typing.

Insert Key is directly above the Del key, never had any issues with it.... it also looks cool in the dark. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

diehlr posted:

Just ordered one of those Logitech illuminated keyboards for my girlfriend to use with a docking station and Dell U2410 panel. Is she going to like this thing for productivity? I basically just ordered due to the ratings on NewEgg. Other than the gaming flaw/defect I read about.. how is the key travel on this thing?

Travel is shorter than normal and not as springy but i have nothing bad to say about it productivity wise and happily use it every day.

What gaming flaw/defect are you referring to btw?

I use it in conjunction with a Logitech G13 gamepad for gaming and haven`t discovered anything nasty so far. :ohdear:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Linux Nazi posted:

And with a G13 you use your left thumb for all of the WASD / ESDF movement freeing up your fingers for all manner of other things! All WASD/ESDF arguments are moot at that point.

Posting my bi-monthly G13 love post because holy poo poo I love my G13. Goo, never let them stop making that wonderful device.

Seconding the G13 experience, made my gaming so much more enjoyable.... and all the buttons. :fap:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

very posted:

I just got a G13 out of curiosity. The only thing that I don't like so far is that the most comfortable hand position is actually on the 16-19 keys, which is nowhere near where the indents are... So right now my fingers get a bit lost. Do I have tiny hands or something?

The other thing is that I don't know if I'll ever be able to lose the muscle memory for my main character's buttons.

I never use the indent keys like that either: hand on 11-14 keys for main controls plus the thumbstick set as WASD... thank the gods for the thumbstick as it makes a world of difference to my gaming.

• Locked thread