Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

siliconix posted:

I've had mine for about year and a half. It works OK, but nothing spectacular to me. Actually considering the Logitech Illuminated, cause of the backlight feature.
The "weird" keys on it worry me a bit though.

I've had a logitech keyboard with the big delete key for yers, nd loved it. In fact, when I got a comfort curve 2000, I was upset by the small delete key.

Basically, if you've ever hit insert instead of backspace and started chewing into a paragraph instead of deleting an extra comma, you'll be thankful they moved insert. If you ever use scroll lock though, you might want to pass.

Though this is all subjective. If you can, go to a Walmart, Best buy, office depot or similar store and test various keyboards, just to make sure they're comfortable.

edit: spelling

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 20, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Question about the apple keyboards: Do the extra keys work in Windows? I see it has an FN key so you can use the F-row keys for other purposes, but do these work in Vista out of the box? I don't know if I would need drivers for this or not. Though I guess I could use a keymapper to change the keys I won't need. Any recommendations on that end?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

SwissCM posted:

I've been looking for a good media center keyboard and I think I found one:

It has a built in optical trackball instead of a lovely touchpad. There is also a mouse button under the right-hand side and a scroll wheel under the left hand side.

Looks nice and ergonomic too. I'll be buying it some time next week.

Keep us informed. I've had my eye on that one as well.

For content, if this was wireless, I'd be all over this in a heartbeat. Hell, even if it was just USB, I'd still go for it.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

• Locked thread