Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010
Any recommendations on mechanical keyboards with 105-key UK layout? WASD Keyboards and the Das keyboard come in the layout but what I really want is something cheaper like the Leopold Tenkeyless Brown in the layout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

chippy posted:

gently caress, you guys have it easy when it comes to mechanical keyboards. It's a nightmare in the UK. I'm trying to hunt down something with MX Browns on the cheaper end of the scale (say, £50-60) and it's a total nightmare.

:(:hf::(

The Leopold Tenkeyless with Browns seems cheap but I can't find a UK layout for it.

The Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless is £120 and is probably the cheapest good one I've found.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Cream_Filling posted:

Why the hell would you exchange @ and double quote? Do you guys not use double quotes that much?

In British English it's more popular to use single quote marks instead of double.

Also the US layout is stupid. :colbert:

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

chippy posted:

Is it? I was taught to use double quotes at school, and single quotes for speech within speech.

Working in books I would definitely say so. Ultimately it's down to the author or publisher's style but it's very common for them to use single quotes here.

• Locked thread