Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I use a basic Dell keyboard:

Been using it for over 3 years now and it works excellently. Pretty easy to clean too, the keys pop out easily and are simple to put back in. It's completely no-frills and that's how I like my keyboards.

The family PC uses a Full-Size Mac keyboard, despite it using WindowsXP. It works very well actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I've been looking for a good media center keyboard and I think I found one:

It has a built in optical trackball instead of a lovely touchpad. There is also a mouse button under the right-hand side and a scroll wheel under the left hand side.

Looks nice and ergonomic too. I'll be buying it some time next week.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

An update on this guy:

I'm using it right now and I have to say it's a worthwhile purchase. It is by no means the highest quality keyboard ever, the keys are a bit mushy and the trackball skips when you move it too fast. That said, it does suit my purposes exactly.

Shintaro is an Australian-based brand so I don't know how non-Australians could get a hold of one, however they're a rebrander of generic OEM stuff so it's likely that you could find the same product under a different brand name where you live.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Bagarthach posted:

Like here for example. :)
Yup, even appears to ship with the same batteries :) Oddly enough mine was a little cheaper at AU$70.

Bagarthach posted:

This Chicony 9820 (the black one) has served me very well for years, but it looks like ps/2 ports are finally disappearing and besides this thing eats batteries like crazy.

Judging by reviews online I hear good things about the battery life of these keyboards, the 3 month battery life indicated in the specs appears to be an accurate estimate.

• Locked thread