Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:
The Sidewinder X6 looks fantastic, and I'm probably going to FINALLY give up on my old Dell Media Keyboard for it (the basic one with a few media keys). Backlighting is the big thing for me, as I'm a late night user.

Now to choose a mouse...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:
Where on Earth can i find this keyboard or its closest analog?

Mine has been in use for about 5 years and it's really just time for a new one. It's the best keyboard I've ever owned (if a bit loud) and I would love to buy a new one. :(

xie
Jul 29, 2004

The only ones I can find on eBay and such are "used" and "refurbished," which aren't really encouraging words when talking keyboards.

I did find a few without the media keys, but I actually use those, and they pretty much make the keyboard for me.

The current model has a scroll-wheel volume control but laptop style keys, and I find its action very inaccurate and hate the clicking sound.

I guess I could try the dishwasher trick with this keyboard and just use a spare for a week.

xie
Jul 29, 2004

Rexxed posted:

I searched for "dell multimedia keyboard new" on ebay. Most of the new ones of this model are foreign language keyboards. This one seems to be US layout, and says it's new: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-model-SK8135-multi-media-keyboard-NEW-/170792090139, but it's a little costly for a rubber dome keyboard. There's a lot of this model keyboard that are used, but I would be hesitant to buy a used dome keyboard, as you don't really know how beat up the rubber domes are.

If you don't want to pay around $45 for this particular model, there's some other models of dell multimedia keyboards showing up in the same search, though they might feel different.

Thanks. For <$25 shipped I don't think it's that bad, so I'll bid on it and hope it works out.

Used isn't super appealing to me. Mine isn't completely worn out - it still types just fine, it's just that some of the keys are kind of beat up, it's dirty from lasting all of college, one of the risers is glued on, etc.

• Locked thread