Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Krimlander posted:

The only real complaint I have is that I can't use it when the PC is starting up. It works to enter BIOS, but that is it. I can't use it for safe mode or anything.

This totally confounds me. I find I just have to keep a PS/2 keyboard around if I ever want to boot from a CD or use safe mode without msconfig. I just ordered the ABS M1 which is on a pretty big discount at the moment. Actually looking forward to receiving it, haha, my current keyboard has keys falling off and I can't press s, d and space at the same time which fucks me when playing shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can't tell how to buy one of those. Searching for "shintaro keyboard" on Google Shopping doesn't show any of their products. I'm looking for a good wireless keyboard/trackpad combo for my dad who uses an HTPC in his bedroom.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey, just making sure you know: you are a retard if you actually buy a keyboard with no labels on the keys.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The HHKB does look really awesome. I think I might actually want something to save some desk space.

Sam Hall posted:

Well maybe you just want to make it really, really difficult for anybody else to use your computer. And uh, don't know how to set up a password.

Here's something cool I found at the local used computer place for :10bux::

Click here for the full 1040x500 image.

It's supposed to be vandalism-proof, I think. Whole thing's encased in stainless steel plate an eighth of an inch thick and weighs like ten pounds. Not a clue who made it; there's scorched, melty sticker on the back that says "RTY OF ISNEYQUEST RLANDO" but no other identifying marks. Chiclet keys are kinda uncomfortable to type on.

That looks hard to type on mostly because there are those massive spaces between the keys..

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone share their experiences with the various external 10-keypads out there?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fleshweasel posted:

Can anyone share their experiences with the various external 10-keypads out there?

Hoping to hear something about this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
But dude, the wasd keys are red just in case you forget where they are.

• Locked thread