Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Happy Hacking Keyboard, bitches

I've coded OSes, compilers, countless scrapers, and slayed a shitload of Internet dragons and Alliance scum with that keyboard. Portable enough to drag along in most backpacks, I never had to deal with remapping ctrl and capslock while using it... ever.

Too bad I was stupid and opened it up to clean it out and didn't let it dry long enough :( Only reason I didn't buy another one is because I don't slay Internet dragons and I reach for my beer more than my escape key because I'm using Eclipse :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
I can't quite vouch for the quality any of these keyboards nor the merchant, but many of these are pretty obviously the same keyboards as the major branded ones and there's more mini wireless keyboards there than I've seen anywhere else. http://usb.brando.com/usb-keyboard_c034d015

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
Anyone have a recommendation (or have even heard of) a Cherry MX Brown wired keyboard with downsteam USB ports / a USB hub that's not some gaudy "gamer" keyboard? In fact, I was hoping for a Cherry MX Brown version of a Happy Hacking KB Lite 2 but am coming up empty after looking for an hour or two.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
That's actually pretty neat to get a customized keyboard, but I don't see an option for downstream USB ports on the site nor on the pictures or description there. The closest thing I've found so far are the HHKB Lite2 or a full 104-key Das Keyboard with media keys and other stuff.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost

Guitarchitect posted:

What's the current option for a decently-quiet mechanical keyboard with no numerical pad (but that has a USB port on it)? Or am I asking for too much?

I'm not a gamer - just a dude who's sick of his lovely wireless keyboard and wants something minimal that won't look crappy on his desk. I do a lot of photoshop + writing + CAD work.

Alternatively - is there a nice-looking/minimal tenkeyless wireless keyboard out there?
I got a Max keyboard while looking for a 10-keyless keyboard with a USB hub on it. I got an MX Brown set of switches and red LEDs (they can be turned off, I turned mine off completely) but this has been fine for me and I'm pretty much done lusting for keyboards. http://www.amazon.com/Max-Keyboard-Blackbird-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B00GRINJR0/

Ok, well I'm still looking for what amounts to a HHKB2 Pro at this point without paying goddamn $260 for one but I won't want anything more beyond this. https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=pfu_keyboards,hhkbpro2&pid=pdkb400b

Alright maybe I want some macro controls for playing certain games that are giving me RSI from hitting a key constantly, but I think it's better I just quit said games than to pay for another keyboard to deal with it.

• Locked thread