Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Ray was on a stool when he glocked the cow.

I said come in! posted:

I have been eying the full wired USB aluminum keyboard for sometime now, and your post makes me want to get one even more now. I don't trust the amazon reviews, so it is good to see a review from an experienced computer user. Thank you. :)

I'm thinking about buying Apple's keyboard to use with my Vista 64 box...are there any Windows keyboards that feel similar? I mean I know I can use SharpKeys or whatever to get my beloved Print Screen key and such, but...

How about the Logitech Illuminated? It looks sort of similar anyway, does it feel similar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Hypnolobster posted:

I've been using mine for somewhere around 3 years, and it's fantastic.

Built-in headphone jack? Niiiiice...have you tried Apple's wired aluminum keyboard? I'm curious how this feels compared to that.

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Internet Friend posted:

Lenovo have started another survey, this time to see exactly how much interest there is in a wireless version of the ThinkPad keyboard. I know I've seen people asking why they didn't make it wireless in the first place, so here's your chance to change their minds.

Now we just need Apple to make a survey asking "Do you want the Macbook keyboard + multitouch trackpad available as a wireless bluetooth unit"?

YES

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Bought an Apple wired keyboard to use with my Vista 64 desktop PC. Thought I'd post what's necessary to enable the function keys.

If you have a Snow Leopard (maybe Leopard too? didn't check) DVD, you need to run the BootCamp64.msi installer. This will make the play/pause, >>, and << keys work if iTunes has the focus. The volume keys will work globally, and the eject CD key will work. F14 is the Print Screen key.

By default, the keyboard will act like it does with a Mac -- the function keys perform the special functions normally, and you have to press the Fn key to get F1-F12 behavior.

This can be reversed with a setting in the Boot Camp control panel applet, however it only applies to function keys that do something in Windows. F4 and F5 still behave like normal even when the other keys are doing their special functions by default. F1 and F2 do not, so if you want to get help or rename a file you'll need to press the Fn key, or flip the setting.

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Found out some more stuff about the Apple keyboard with the Boot Camp drivers installed. I used AutoHotKey's key history window to figure this out.

Clear = Num Lock
F15 = Scroll Lock
F16 = Pause

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Is anyone using a Apple wired keyboard with Windows 7 64-bit? Have you tried installing the Boot Camp drivers to get the function keys (prev/next track, etc.) to work?

I did it under Vista 64 and it worked fine, but when I tried with with Windows 7 it made my system unstable and I ended up formatting and reinstalling since uninstall and system restore didn't help. I'm curious if anyone else has gotten it to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

strayan posted:

Could you use the keyboard brightness control in Vista when you had it working?

Yeah, but it only affected my Apple monitor (I have a Dell also).

nerdrum posted:

My wired keyboard works absolutely fine on 7 ultimate 64 with the drivers from my snow leopard installation disc.

I guess I should have mentioned, I'm not installing the drivers on an Apple computer. The computer's a custom build with an Asus motherboard. I am using the Snow Leopard DVD though (I do have a Macbook). Are you doing this on a Mac?

King Nothing fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 26, 2010

• Locked thread