Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoowick
Apr 9, 2007

Making fifteen year old girls looks like whores since 2006

squidflakes posted:

Being the $500 photographer sucks. Most of my first year was $500 clients, and holy poo poo. Its like there is an equilibrium point when it comes to the price/work graph.

**FAKE EDIT**

gently caress it, here's an MS Paint graph.

Of course, this is just my narrow experience, you're mileage will vary. Consult your doctor before believing this graph. Etc.

I'm in the 3k-5k range and those are the clients you want. Not just because of the money but they tend to be educated and have an understanding of what you do. Also there is never and haggling at that level, it's pretty much just people who love your style and are willing to pay for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoowick
Apr 9, 2007

Making fifteen year old girls looks like whores since 2006

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

why does it start out with more work for less money? if you charge less, shouldn't you set expectations to receive less, work less time, and get fewer photos? Or does this not work in the real world?

People that spend $500 on a wedding probably make about that much a week so to them that's a shitload of money. They have high expectations for their $500 and are never really satisfied. It's crazy, when I was charging 1k I had A LOT more issues than I do now.

• Locked thread