Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur

Vitae posted:

Heads up for all you HL-2170W lovers.
Pick up the HL-2270DW, it's the upgrade. It's not only wireless, it's duplex. It's not only duplex and wireless, it also has a nice feature called:
"Oh god what do I do my toner says its empty but I still need to print I don't care about the quality!!" ..feature. Basically you can tell the printer to still print with the little toner left in the cartridge until it's completely bone dry. You'll get crap for quality, but it works!

I purchased the HL-2270DW last month and it's been excellent. I've gone through a few reams since then, and am finishing the cartridge that comes with the printer.

Duplex is awesome, wireless is awesome, and it works with Mac and PCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur
I would recommend you either:

• Buy a $500-$1000 range printer (e.g. Canon Pro9500mkII)

OR

• You get your prints online from MPix or BayPhoto etc

Anything in-between is going to leave you unhappy.

what is this
Sep 11, 2001

it is a lemur

Lovie Unsmith posted:

For you dealhunters, Staples has the Brother HL-2280DW for $99:

http://www.staples.com/Brother-HL-2280DW-Laser-Multi-Function-Printer/product_923337

This is a good deal, for a good little laser printer.

• Locked thread