Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pretty much all MFDs are bad, the difference is going to be the service provided by your outsourced provider of choice. Invite a few in, let them present their answers to your requirements, get some reference sites that you can contact, and go from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

OfficeJet Enterprise X585?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

There's a Dell colour laser MFD that's a rebadged Xerox going round for cheap. Dell call it the C3765dnf and it's a Xerox 6605 underneath.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Sorry, my question wasn't clear. I buy the printers/computers for my building. I inherited the position and when I did, Laserjet m401dne's were the usual printer, and that's not an option anymore.

So I'll probably just transition to the m402 for future purchases, but I'd like to do a little research before I commit to that.

I think all small printers are bad to a point, just pick whatever ones are easiest to get supplies for and have non-poo poo drivers. I hated the plastic panels on the M401 series and it looks like they've fixed that on the M402.

Another option could be the Samsung SL-M3320ND but that's not based on a sample size larger than one. If you already use the HP Device Manager with the current machines you have deployed then it makes sense to stick to HP.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Samsung M2825ND is pretty much perfect but might be too large.

Compact and laser don't really go together, I prefer a paper drawer to the front tray that's open and gets filled with dust though.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

There's a couple of compact Canon and Ricoh models but then you lose stuff like a duplexer and they become USB host printers (ugh).

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I probably used the wrong phrase for it but it's ones where they are made to a price point so all the image processing is done on the computer they are connected to, so the drivers are bloated and poo poo-tastic and in 3 years time when a new OS comes out you need to junk the printer because the manufacturer doesn't support it any more. As opposed to a networked model where you can carry on throwing PostScript at it for decades to come.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Can anybody recommend a mono laser MFP that can do duplex scanning (reversing ADF is fine), duplex print, and connects to Google Drive / Dropbox / Scan-to-email? I have an Epson WF-3520 at the moment that can do this but am looking to get away from inkjet, I'm struggling to find a laser MFP with the duplexing features that has the more consumer-style cloud services built in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Always go with whatever option makes it somebody else's problem

• Locked thread