Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilPsych
Jul 19, 2004
Ask me about my 'LiveJournal' :rollseyes:
seconding the appreciation of the brother printers... I was a die-hard HP guy for years until a pair of hp color lasers wore out with zero chance of replacement parts (1500, and 3600n for those keeping track). Toner cost on these were not great (think $500+ for a complete changeout) so, when the 3600n died, we got a brother HL-4040CDN. We print on average 200-400 full color sheets a week and the only issue I've had with brother is that the toner itself can spill if you don't handle it appropriately.

on B&W - we had a Hp Laserjet 5p for years and year and year (still running) but we needed a new copier - cue Canon imageclass D860 - awesome little copier/laser printer, but it committed suicide last week(the fuser ingested a whole sheet of paper with zero hope of extraction). So We bought another Brother, this time the MFC-8890DW - pros - super fast printing, wireless networking means it can be anywhere in the office without need for a print server, and it replaces the old thermal transfer Fax machine we had that I HATED the brother will scan in individual pages and not fax until you are done.. no paper feed issues. Cons - copying is a tad on the slow side compared to the Canon.

Oh, another plus side for the brothers is that if you have older SODIMM laptop memory you can easily upgrade the printer's onboard memory pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread