Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vitae posted:

Heads up for all you HL-2170W lovers.
Pick up the HL-2270DW, it's the upgrade. It's not only wireless, it's duplex. It's not only duplex and wireless, it also has a nice feature called:
"Oh god what do I do my toner says its empty but I still need to print I don't care about the quality!!" ..feature. Basically you can tell the printer to still print with the little toner left in the cartridge until it's completely bone dry. You'll get crap for quality, but it works!

So this is the goonsensus printer now? I've been out of the printer market for years and years, so I know nothing. All I know is that my mother needs a black and white printer for her new Macbook Air. It took a week, but I finally talked her into the 2170W over some random Wal-Mart printer, but now that she's ready to buy, she can't find it anywhere in stock. The 2270 looks like an upgrade for a lower cost, so if that's what's up, then great!

(PS - I can't believe LASER PRINTERS are that cheap; what is the catch?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vitae posted:

Airprint? Is that the new printing from ipad/iphone thing? Or printing with a usb to an airport/time capsule whatever?

It's the new iOS feature. Hit the share button, choose print, choose printer. No printer setup required.

• Locked thread