Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mwarkentin
Oct 26, 2004
Edit: So I fixed this, by manually adding a new network printer port, specifying the printer IP, rather than the printer name.

Vitae posted:

I work for Brother, in the Macintosh support department no less. If you have any questions about the Brother models (HL or MFC) feel free to ask.

I picked up a HL2170W, and I'm having issues with printing over the wireless network. I went ahead and followed the instructions in the setup guide. I was able to find the printer during driver setup on my PC (after unplugging the ethernet cable). I'm able to access the printer home page fine, but when I try printing something, nothing happens for about 30 seconds, and then I get an error on the print job.

When I look at the printer in BRAdmin Light, it says that it's status is SLEEP. I think I saw that the printer was Offline somewhere too, but I can't find that right now.

Any suggestions?

mwarkentin fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 26, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread