Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Swine Flu
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

I live in a apartment, and the people behind us I swear to you play the same loving TECHNO SONG over and over, its loud enough at 4AM to vibrate my walls. We have called the apartment complex and complained many times, I have called the police twice. I have walked over there and asked them "hey, I gotta work tomorrow man, please." Only to have them maybe turn it down a few notches.

As of right now I have to be at school at 7. I was awoken at 4:30 and just loving lost it, I ran down stairs, found there power meter, and flipped the main switch and shut the power off. This is the most silence I have heard in weeks. I plan on turning the power back on at 6 when I leave. But for now gently caress them, hopefully it will turn off alarms and maybe they will be late for work and lose there job, thus resulting in them being late on rent, forcing them to move out. Maybe, just maybe this is the psycho babble of a man high on sleep deprivation, driven crazy by the same techno bass line over, and over. I think they are gay, I can imagine them high on some kind of illicit drug, continuously pumping each other in the rear end, I top you bottom, you top I bottom. I mean, why else would anyone listen to the same techno song over and over? maybe turning the power off I just ruined a awesome gently caress session. But maybe they are brothers, regardless its two men living together and they enjoy techno way too much for the average man. Oh, and plus they wear cowboys boots.

There power has to come back on sooner or later, I know. But please tell me what I can do. The apartment complex seems to give no fucks as long as the rents in the mail.

Swine Flu fucked around with this message at Aug 31, 2009 around 10:21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basketofpancakes
Sep 26, 2005

Swine Flu posted:

There power has to come back on sooner or later, I know. But please tell me what I can do. The apartment complex seems to give no fucks as long as the rents in the mail.

Call the police. Every. Single. Time. The police will either start citing them large fines, or they will get fed up with being called and take it out on the apartment managers. They have no right to be pissy at you, since the owners refuse to do anything about it.

Make sure you point out when you call that this is the third, fourth, fifth loving time you have had to call the police because the managers won't do poo poo about it.

Edit: I also wouldn't do poo poo like turn off their power. That is going to do you no good and could possibly work against you.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Swine Flu posted:

As of right now I have to be at school at 7. I was awoken at 4:30 and just loving lost it, I ran down stairs, found their power meter, and flipped the main switch and shut their power off. This is the most silence I have heard in weeks. I plan on turning the power back on at 6 when I leave. But for now gently caress them, hopefully it will turn off alarms and maybe they will be late for work and lose their job, thus resulting in them being late on rent, forcing them to move out. Maybe, just maybe this is the psycho babble of a man high on sleep deprivation, driven crazy by the same techno bass line over, and over. I think they're gay, I can imagine them high on some kind of illicit drug, continuously pumping each other in the rear end, I top you bottom, you top I bottom. I mean, why else would anyone listen to the same techno song over and over? maybe turning their power off I just ruined their gently caress session. But maybe they are brothers, regardless its two men living together and they enjoy techno way too much for the average man. Oh, and plus they wear cowboys boots.

Their power has to come back on sooner or later, I know. But please tell me what I can do. The apartment complex seems to give no fucks as long as the rents in the mail.
Sorry, it was bothering me.

deadwiggerstorage
Apr 29, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

Police every time, letters to apartment owner.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Basketofpancakes posted:

Call the police. Every. Single. Time. The police will either start citing them large fines, or they will get fed up with being called and take it out on the apartment managers. They have no right to be pissy at you, since the owners refuse to do anything about it.

Make sure you point out when you call that this is the third, fourth, fifth loving time you have had to call the police because the managers won't do poo poo about it.

Edit: I also wouldn't do poo poo like turn off their power. That is going to do you no good and could possibly work against you.

This. A thousand times this.

OP, I was in a similar situation back in college. Except replace gay couple with spoiled, upper middle-class wigger college students and lovely techno with lovely rap. Of course they loved to blare their Lil Wayne poo poo at 4am when I had an 8am class.

I went up to their apartment the first time and asked if they could turn it down. The dude actually refused to open the door and said "I think you got the wrong apartment, buddy! ".

So, I just started calling the cops every night. The cops were happy to come out. It was still annoying because these kids would not get the message. By the fourth time I called, I asked the dispatcher: "Hi, my name is Dolemite at [lovely College Apartments]. I'm calling to complain about the noise. I think you have me in your records already filing the same complaint. This is the fourth time I think, but you probably have that in your notes. Is there any way the police can start fining these kids? I appreciate the cops coming out but I just don't think these kids upstairs are getting the hint."

"We'll take care of it, sir".

Welp, I went back to bed only to be woken up by a loud knocking on the kids door upstairs. I looked out in the parking lot and saw FOUR cop cars parked outside!!

After smiling ear to ear, I went back to bed and got some drat sleep. I don't know what they said to the idiots upstairs, but boy did it work! I never had to deal with their music again! Even better, the apartment manager FINALLY did something about them too. Why? Well, I was leaving to go to class when I get stopped by the apartment manager on my way out.

Aparment Manager = "Hey, do you know what's going on in your part of the complex?"

Me = "What do you mean?"

AM = "Well, the other residents are getting really scared! They've been seeing police cars at your building every day this week. What's going on?"

Me = "Oh, that's because of me. My neighbors upstairs keep playing their music VERY loud at 4am and so I've been calling the cops every night to get them to stop."

AM = "Oh, I see. Well, the residents are getting really scared and I don't want to see cop cars in the complex all the time. So, I'll talk with those kids today."

Me = "Thank you"

So basically OP, call the cops. It works!

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

Alternate comedy option: Song for Stupid Raver Kid at high volume, with speakers pointed at their apartment, played while you're at work.

Really though, just call the cops.

Not an Anthem
Apr 27, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

I had a neighbor who played top 40 ballads really loud and was a real piece of poo poo. I pissed on some of his property. It didn't make him lower his volume so I called the cops on him a lot, which didn't help either. Then I realized he owns a LOT of property but recently quit the local political high and mighty property owners association so I talked to some members and they all say they hate him so they're looking at getting his roof deck zapped as out of code so he can't throw any parties anymore. Eat poo poo.

Swine Flu
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

thedaian posted:

Alternate comedy option: Song for Stupid Raver Kid at high volume, with speakers pointed at their apartment, played while you're at work.

This, I wish I could figure out how to hook this up to my guitar amp

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

thedaian posted:

This is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Is there a thread on this?

Arch Stanton
Nov 23, 2003
EYEBALLS AND TONGUES DON'T MIX EW EW EW EW EW

I find it really funny that your method of projecting anger onto these strangers is to assume that they're gay.

loving HOMOS AND THERE TECHNO!

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

95% of the time polite talking will get you nowhere as anyone who would blast music at 4 am probably lacks the reasoning ability to carry on a conversation about the issue.

Denial, anger and more denial will follow along with revenge noise to punish you for daring to call them out.

Apartment managers and police are your best best.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

You should not have come here

Keep calling the cops every time until you get results. Don't do what I did and just hope that maybe THIS TIME they'll turn off the loving music and end up failing classes because you can literally never sleep

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Good homophobic rant there in the middle of otherwise justifiable anger.

Call the cops and grow up, those should fix your two problems eventually.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Shadowgate posted:

This is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Is there a thread on this?

Here's the backstory on this one.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

I got to be the loud music player that got the cops called on me before! Except it was at 2:00pm on a Saturday afternoon and I couldn't hear my music if I went to the bathroom. Also the people never called the apartment management or came down to ask me to turn it down, just went straight to the cops. That sure showed me.

But yes call the cops because these guys are just being douchebags. At least you have a valid complaint.

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

What can I do regarding my neighbor who starts up his gnarly harley with loud, loud pipes and lets it warm up for 3 or 4 minutes in the morning, like 8 or 9am?

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

heeebrew posted:

What can I do regarding my neighbor who starts up his gnarly harley with loud, loud pipes and lets it warm up for 3 or 4 minutes in the morning, like 8 or 9am?

Ask him to stop? And then when he tells you that he won't, realize that most people wake up before 9am?

Loopyface fucked around with this message at Aug 31, 2009 around 22:36

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 29, 2007

pensive

heeebrew posted:

Not much, I'd guess, because he actually has a job to go to (unlike you)

e: Kidding aside, that's way the hell after any noise law I've ever heard of applies.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Swine Flu posted:

This, I wish I could figure out how to hook this up to my guitar amp

go to Radio Shack and get a 1/4" to mini (or mini to 1/4") adapter, they're like $3.

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008

heeebrew posted:

Not much that's legal. I have gone the "powerswitch" route in the past when people started blasting loud music early in the morning. Messing with a biker might just be a tad bit risky though.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Maybe you could get harley dude on road noise bylaws. The local PD here have been staking out with sound meters and fining bikes with too loud pipes.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Cicero posted:

"shut the power off" is perfectly acceptable use.

Arch Stanton
Nov 23, 2003
EYEBALLS AND TONGUES DON'T MIX EW EW EW EW EW

Guys my neighbors are two guys who listen to music at night, this means they are some of them damned gay homos who spend each night butt-humping while on drugs probably poppers confirm / deny?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Arch Stanton posted:

Guys my neighbors are two guys who listen to music at night, this means they are some of them damned gay homos who spend each night butt-humping while on drugs probably poppers confirm / deny?

Yeah man gay people def. listen to music some of my best friends listen to music

Fatty McFatass
Apr 15, 2007

Basketofpancakes posted:

Call the police. Every. Single. Time.

As an apt manager, I would prefer my tenants call me first, before calling the police for noise violations. Maybe I can stop the bullshit without involving an outside party like the cops. And I'd like to know when such things are going on (if I didn't already know about them).

But as a tenant, I wouldn't call the loving manager at all and just skip to calling the PD. Nice and anonymous. Also, it tends to GET the apt manager's attention a lot more.

Vortex Lemur
Aug 27, 2003
SOMEONE PM ME, PLEASE! I'M SO DESPERATELY LONELY!!

This thread has inspired me to call the cops on my lovely "we think it's appropriate to bump Tejano as loud as loving possible out of our lovely cars stereos at all hours of the loving day and night" neighbors down the street.

So far, the cops are just asking some of the other neighbors about how often this poo poo goes down and how loud the other neighbors are.

Bean Bandit
Jan 25, 2003

If it's after 10 PM I call the cops as soon as I hear loud music. Really, don't even try to reason with them and don't let it go on at all.

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

thedaian posted:

Someone censored stupidravershithead.mp3?

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

Bean Bandit posted:

If it's after 10 PM I call the cops as soon as I hear loud music. Really, don't even try to reason with them and don't let it go on at all.
People have different definitions of "loud" and you should let them know politely that they are bothering you instead of being a loving pussy and sending the cops who will probably get pissed off that they got called for lame bullshit and take it out on them.

Also: bunch of fun-hating squares in this thread

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Socket Ryanist posted:

People have different definitions of "loud" and you should let them know politely that they are bothering you instead of being a loving pussy and sending the cops who will probably get pissed off that they got called for lame bullshit and take it out on them.

Despite what people have been saying in this thread, every time I've had loud music problems a simple short discussion with the neighbor has solved the problem. I'm a bit loud myself sometimes, so I make sure to meet all my new neighbors when I move in, and let them know that I'll happily tone it down if the sound is giving them a problem. This way we can behave like adults instead of calling the cops every time we have a disagreement.

Some people are unreasonable, and it's perfectly fine to call the cops on them. But first you should at least attempt a diplomatic solution.

Mr. G
Aug 23, 2007

by angerbotSD

Well I always think it's the honest thing to go knock on their door and ask politely at least the first two times. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. But yeah after that call the cops every time.

Bean Bandit
Jan 25, 2003

Bullshit. People who play music loud enough for me to hear in my home aren't the type to be reasonable about it. I can only hope the cops get severely pissed and take it out on them.

Fatty McFatass
Apr 15, 2007

Bean Bandit posted:

Bullshit. People who play music loud enough for me to hear in my home aren't the type to be reasonable about it. I can only hope the cops get severely pissed and take it out on them.

I'm with you (as a tenant). You know when your poo poo is too loud. If you can't be bothered to give your neighbors the consideration of keeping it down, then they have no obligation to seek you out first before calling the cops or the apt manager.

But I will say that as an apt manager, if one tenant has an issue with another (especially noise), I usually insist they try to work it out between themselves first. If it's at night and it's about noise, then I'm happy to intercede and have that talk first.

But, c'mon.... you KNOW when your party or music is too loud. Let's be adults here. I've never had a time that I thought, 'Goddamn, I'm just not sure that music/party is too loud or is OK... Help me, I'm just not sure!' That's bullshit. You know when you need to turn it down, long before anyone has to come talk to you.

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

Bean Bandit posted:

How nice of you to prejudge people without even meeting them. So you're saying that I shouldn't be allowed to play any music at all since the person in the apartment above me can almost guaranteed hear it regardless of how soft it is?

King Skinny Pimp
Oct 24, 2004

by T. Finn

Fatty McFatass posted:

I'm with you (as a tenant). You know when your poo poo is too loud. If you can't be bothered to give your neighbors the consideration of keeping it down, then they have no obligation to seek you out first before calling the cops or the apt manager.

But I will say that as an apt manager, if one tenant has an issue with another (especially noise), I usually insist they try to work it out between themselves first. If it's at night and it's about noise, then I'm happy to intercede and have that talk first.

But, c'mon.... you KNOW when your party or music is too loud. Let's be adults here. I've never had a time that I thought, 'Goddamn, I'm just not sure that music/party is too loud or is OK... Help me, I'm just not sure!' That's bullshit. You know when you need to turn it down, long before anyone has to come talk to you.

To be fair, some apartments are a lot shittier than others when it comes to sound transmission. The last apartments I lived in had really lovely windows, and if I wanted to sit outside with friends, we had to almost whisper or we would wake up our neighbors. You don't always realize how bad it is until someone tells you, but I agree that if it's a party type situation and you're having to yell to get the person next to you to hear you, you know it's too loud.

Those apartments being so poorly soundproofed meant that we never called the cops on our neighbors, but we never hesitated to ask them to turn poo poo down if it was after midnight on a weeknight. We never said anything on weekends unless we had to get up early, and everybody in the building did the same.

But yeah, I have definitely called the cops on people being too loud in the complex next to that. Holy poo poo, there would be a party in the far building and I could feel the bass of the music, it was hosed up. Apparently the cops know the place well, since a couple of years ago there was such a huge party that there was a fire and the fire trucks couldn't get in because of all the cars and somebody's car got stolen and it was just loving mayhem. The whole complex was a party. If your head vibrates when the bass hits, your music is too loving loud no matter how jumpin a party it is.

Vortex Lemur
Aug 27, 2003
SOMEONE PM ME, PLEASE! I'M SO DESPERATELY LONELY!!

The last time I went to ask a neighbor to turn their poo poo down was when I was in San Diego and lived in a lovely apartment complex. I went not once, not twice, but THREE times, because I didn't want to have to call the cops.
I first asked politely if the whore upstairs could turn down her music and get her godawful poster-child for abortion daughter to stop running and stomping around at 11PM. Despite all that, the noise persisted. Then I asked again at 1AM, with similar results. Finally, at 2AM, one hour before I had to leave for work, I told them that I would be calling the cops if they didn't shut-off the noise. To defend his skank's "honor", whore's boyfriend comes charging out and tries to push me down the stairs, so, I step back and hit the little fucker with everything I had, which results in him being knocked-out, and my knuckle being dislocated.

Point of the story, I no longer hesitate to call the cops.

Vortex Lemur fucked around with this message at Sep 1, 2009 around 02:43

Swine Flu
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Arch Stanton posted:

Look dude, they wear cowboy boots too. And every time I see them they look GQ'ed up.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

The point they are making is that it doesn't matter whether or not the people are gay, and you sound ignorant as hell by putting that into your rants.

Oh, hey, you're that guy that made up that whole story about being arrested for "felony graffiti" on the bathroom wall, right? You're cool.

Bean Bandit
Jan 25, 2003

Socket Ryanist posted:

How nice of you to prejudge people without even meeting them. So you're saying that I shouldn't be allowed to play any music at all since the person in the apartment above me can almost guaranteed hear it regardless of how soft it is?

Yes, if I can hear their music when they're down the street from me it's too loud and I'm not about to get out of bed, get dressed and walk down there to ask a bunch of drunk people to turn down their music. I'm just going to call the police on them the very first time instead.

Bean Bandit fucked around with this message at Sep 1, 2009 around 03:51

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adolfo Castro
Aug 6, 2002
"I think rape is fucking hilarious."

Cicero posted:

Don't be sorry. I hope a club moves next door for him simply because of that.

«2 »