Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm looking for a first-person shooter that specifically lets you shoot Germans and will run on a fairly old laptop with Intel Integrated Graphics.

Something like the original Medal of Honor or the original Call of Duty, except I can't find either of those on any of the usual digital distribution sites (it's supposed to be a gift).

I went looking but got bored but if you can find Medal of Honor: Allied Assault then you'll be good to go. Amazing game, long, challenging, fun as gently caress, still has a decent online community (with good reason) and, in my opinion, the greatest first person shooter in videogame history.

Commandos: Strike Force is also fun, doesn't come close to AA, but not bad, except I think everyone else on earth hated it.

Serious Michael fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I'm looking for a new stealth game to play, but I think I've gone through everything there is. I've played through the entire Splinter Cell, Metal Gear, Tenchu, Assassin's Creed, and Hitman series, even the two Death to Spies games. I've played the lovely rear end stealth games, like Stolen. And of course I've played the granddaddy of stealth, the Thief games.

I've played the indie stealth titles out there, like Trilby Art of Theft and Stealth Bastard.

I'm thinking about giving Mission Impossible Operation Surma a shot. It can't be too awful.

It's my favourite genre but there's barely anything in it. :( Any suggestions?

Edit: Also played Velvet Assassin. And Batman Arkham Asylum/City

Al Cu Ad Solte fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 10, 2011

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

I'm looking for a new stealth game to play, but I think I've gone through everything there is. I've played through the entire Splinter Cell, Metal Gear, Tenchu, Assassin's Creed, and Hitman series, even the two Death to Spies games. I've played the lovely rear end stealth games, like Stolen. And of course I've played the granddaddy of stealth, the Thief games.

I've played the indie stealth titles out there, like Trilby Art of Theft and Stealth Bastard.

I'm thinking about giving Mission Impossible Operation Surma a shot. It can't be too awful.

On the off-chance that you haven't played it yet, try Velvet Assassin. It's a linear sneaking game similar to the Splinter Cell series. You're playing as an allied spy behind enemy lines in WW2m using mostly the shadows and your knife to sneak past Nazis. The gameplay is fine, if a tad repetitive, since you don't have as many gadgets and stuff as in SC or Hitman. The story and atmosphere is surprisingly well crafted and actually really good considering the somewhat tired setting. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and it's only 5$, so you should give it a try.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Perestroika posted:

Velvet Assassin

Should have mentioned that I played that too. Thanks, though.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

idiotsavant posted:

I'm looking for a mixed turn-based strategy/RTS with non-linear campaigning along the lines of Dawn of War: Soulstorm. Something with more depth like Total War: Rome sounds appealing but is also a little intimidating... are there any games that strike a happy balance between the two?

The Total War series is awesome like that. There's a ton of poo poo to do in turn-based mode, and some of the battles are also entirely dependant on how well you fight so it isn't all determined on how well you do in planning mode.

I haven't tried the newest in the series (Shogun II), but I've heard great things about it. Don't be too intimidated by it, just see it as an opportunity to take the world however you like :)

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Darval posted:

The Total War series is awesome like that. There's a ton of poo poo to do in turn-based mode, and some of the battles are also entirely dependant on how well you fight so it isn't all determined on how well you do in planning mode.

I haven't tried the newest in the series (Shogun II), but I've heard great things about it. Don't be too intimidated by it, just see it as an opportunity to take the world however you like :)
I'm seconding this. I'm horrifically bad at strategy games in general, and I love the Total War series. It's incredibly accessible. Don't hesitate to try it out. You can get as in-depth as you want with it. Manage the taxes of your cities, or have the AI do it for you. Play every battle, or auto-decide and play it like a Civ game. Formulate complex tactics with a myriad of units all with a distinct purpose, or just build a fuckton of no-dachi samurai.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
I'm home for xmas and I've got an ol' Xbox with Fable. How good does that game hold up? I remember buying it used and never really playing it. I liked what I played of Fable 2.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Computer Control posted:

I'm home for xmas and I've got an ol' Xbox with Fable. How good does that game hold up? I remember buying it used and never really playing it. I liked what I played of Fable 2.

All of Peter Molyneaux's vaunted "open-endedness" and "decisions really matter" boils down to it maybe being worth 2 playthroughs; an all-good and an all-evil one. There's no reason to do or be anything but one of the extremes really. Whereas Fable 2 tilted you towards "always fat" and "old if and only if you chose to be when a plot thing gave you that choice" Fable 1 is more "never fat" and "always old" in terms of what your character will be like if you spend any time at all playing the game.

As with all Fable games, magic might as well be the "I win" cheat code because no monster in the entire series except maybe Fable 1's pixies and Fable 3's big mechanical archangel thingies can do a goddamn thing about you abusing the gently caress out of them with magic constantly. Fable 1, being the first in the series, is broken yet worse than the rest of the series about this.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Recommend for me please
FPS RPGS
PC
Other than System Shock and Deus EX
at least a few years old 'cause my laptop is not teh sekxs
and a Star Wars game where you can play as a Wookie

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Lately, I've been in the mood for something biblical. Something epic in scope as the forces of Good and Evil clash. I'm not particular about genre, it's more the theme I'm looking for. Seraphrim battling archdemons type of thing.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Canemacar posted:

Lately, I've been in the mood for something biblical. Something epic in scope as the forces of Good and Evil clash. I'm not particular about genre, it's more the theme I'm looking for. Seraphrim battling archdemons type of thing.

Darksiders!

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

chairface posted:

All of Peter Molyneaux's vaunted "open-endedness" and "decisions really matter" boils down to it maybe being worth 2 playthroughs; an all-good and an all-evil one. There's no reason to do or be anything but one of the extremes really. Whereas Fable 2 tilted you towards "always fat" and "old if and only if you chose to be when a plot thing gave you that choice" Fable 1 is more "never fat" and "always old" in terms of what your character will be like if you spend any time at all playing the game.

As with all Fable games, magic might as well be the "I win" cheat code because no monster in the entire series except maybe Fable 1's pixies and Fable 3's big mechanical archangel thingies can do a goddamn thing about you abusing the gently caress out of them with magic constantly. Fable 1, being the first in the series, is broken yet worse than the rest of the series about this.

Magic owned in Fable 1.

Awesome I can massively slow time, hit people 4x per swing of my sword, have ghost swords attacking at the same time on top of all of this AND have a magic shield of total invincibility. Also you can suck the souls of everyone in town down to the darkest pits of hell with ease. I loved how I could butcher hundreds of people in cold blood at the heroes guild but the guild master gave not a gently caress.

Also you were like 80 years old by the time you got like 1/6th into the plot. poo poo made no sense how loving fast you aged.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"
My girlfriend really likes videogames when she gets into them, but finds it very hard because she gets stressed out by time limits and/or having to respond to things quickly. She didn't like Mario 3D Land, for instance, because of the timer. She said it was easy, but the pressure of only having so long to do the level made it harder for her than it really was. She loves Zelda and is quite good at Ocarina, dude to having done nothing but play it for six months when she was 15 and sick with mono, but plays it excruciatingly slowly. She likes Portal too and is very good at the puzzles, but, again, she plays it too slowly for me to able to watch her without screaming.

I thought I'd see how she likes JRPGs. I think I'm going to buy Eternal Sonata for PS3, which seems like a real winner on a lot of levels since she's quite a proficient pianist and big Chopin fan. Are there many more similarly pretty/cutesy RPGs that are essentially pressure-free gameplay wise? I'm just really out of the loop with regards to turn-based RPGs. I doubt she'd like the aesthetics of FFVII, VIII or X. IX could be a winner, but it's been so long since I played it I can't really remember what it's like.

Pretty, easy games for PC or PS3. We have a 3DS too, but I know what's on that platform pretty well.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Be careful with the Eternal Sonata enthusiasm. Its combat system is timing based and kind of an intensive one at that.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Cwapface posted:

My girlfriend really likes videogames when she gets into them, but finds it very hard because she gets stressed out by time limits and/or having to respond to things quickly. She didn't like Mario 3D Land, for instance, because of the timer. She said it was easy, but the pressure of only having so long to do the level made it harder for her than it really was. She loves Zelda and is quite good at Ocarina, dude to having done nothing but play it for six months when she was 15 and sick with mono, but plays it excruciatingly slowly. She likes Portal too and is very good at the puzzles, but, again, she plays it too slowly for me to able to watch her without screaming.

I thought I'd see how she likes JRPGs. I think I'm going to buy Eternal Sonata for PS3, which seems like a real winner on a lot of levels since she's quite a proficient pianist and big Chopin fan. Are there many more similarly pretty/cutesy RPGs that are essentially pressure-free gameplay wise? I'm just really out of the loop with regards to turn-based RPGs. I doubt she'd like the aesthetics of FFVII, VIII or X. IX could be a winner, but it's been so long since I played it I can't really remember what it's like.

Pretty, easy games for PC or PS3. We have a 3DS too, but I know what's on that platform pretty well.

I know you said you're familiar with what's on DS, but have you looked into Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure? It seems to fully meet your criteria—pretty, whimsical, easy, music-oriented, and the battles are turn-based as opposed to the strategic ones in the PS1 version. It's not something I've played myself, but my girlfriend loved it.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 13, 2011

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

Cwapface posted:

Try Recettear on PC. You play as an item shop owner and have to buy and sell goods to pay off a debt. Also you get to do some fairly simple dungeon crawling to collect more stock. Collecting enough money to pay off debts each week can be tricky, but the game lets you keep certain items and stats if you fail and have to restart, making it much easier to meet the requirements next time around. Anyway there's a demo so you can try it out yourself.

As for the Playstation try Suikoden on PSN. Story deals with war and gets quite bleak at times, but the game itself is pretty easy to play through. Battles generally aren't too difficult and you get to recruit over one hundred characters so taking time out from the story to go exploring has real benefits. It and its sequel are two of my favourite games if that counts for anything.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Anyone who is legitimately a Chopin fan is probably going to take serious offense to Eternal Sonata. It has about as much to do with the actual man as those Beethoven dog movies do with that composer.

Recettear was actually too hard for me and I'm a big tough gamer. The dungeons are absolutely brutal.

Rhapsody A Musical Adventure is literally for young children. The musical link is pretty tenuous considering the girlfriend is a pianist and the songs in this game are reminiscent of barney or my little pony. But hey the main character is a girl so all girls will like it right.
edit: Didn't realize the DS game was a different game from the PSX one. Maybe its better.

My recommendation: Trine or Trine 2. Trine 2 is better. Co-op fantasy puzzle platformer, with gorgeous fairy tale graphics and music. I've found this game is really appealing to women and young children. 3 characters to play as, each with a completely different playstyle. I have a feeling she might really enjoy playing as the wizard, who is less action oriented, as you beat up the bad guys. If she gets stuck on a puzzle you can usually do it for her if you're in co-op mode. No time limits or anything else she doesn't like.

Another rec: World of Goo. Hard to describe so just watch this. Cool building game with whimsical art style. Generally very slow and deliberate gameplay, there are some timed levels.

And two little flash toys: Tone matrix and Ball dropping. As a pianist myself I have a lot of fun with these and think she would too.

Lets Fuck Bro fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 14, 2011

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Cwapface posted:

I'm going to recommend Pushmo, on the eStore on the 3DS.

Also, the LEGO series (LEGO Batman, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter etc) are fun in multiplayer, but only if you know the source material.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Canemacar posted:

If you like RPGs then you may want to give the Shin Megami Tensei series a look. The main series deals with war between the forces of Law (heaven) and Chaos (hell) while humanity gets compleatly hosed in the process. You can either side with one of the two factions or remain neutral, finding a balance between the two.

Gameplay's sort of like a brutal version of Pokemon - your party consists of demons you negotiate with and recruit, who all have elemental strenghs/weaknesses that can be exploited by you and the enemy. You can also fuse demons to make more powerful ones. There are loads of demons in each game, and pretty much every mythology and religion under the sun gets some kind of representation, which leads to some... interesting party compositions.

The best place to start would be either SMT: Nocturne on the PS2 or one of the DS games. One of the DS games, Devil Survivor, is pretty anime though, so if you're averse to that sort of thing then you may want to try one of the other two first. Or just look up some lets plays if you don't like turn based combat or RPGs in general.

a glitch fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 13, 2011

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Sooo with a winter break coming up I've been hankering for a couple of different kinds of games. I've got a PC with a pretty decent graphics setup.

1) Space Ship Game
I've played freelancer and X3:TC and loved the poo poo out of those. I've sort of been eying Sword of the Stars 2, but I'm staying away from it until it is, you know, actually functional. That being said I want a game where I can get sweet loving capital ships with boarding pods and missiles and lasers and fighters and rainbows.

2) Stealth Game
The latest splintercell made me sad. Instead of methodical sneaking I just run-'n-gunned. I've played every assasins creed ever and they dissapoint me more everytime. I picked up Batman Arkham Asylum for like 15 bucks on steam and thought that was the perfect price point for it. Played the original and latest Thief.

3) Modern Shooter
I like the perks and frantic pace of COD, but holy gently caress me bad company sucked so much. I don't own BF3 or the new COD, but I'm shying away from BF3 just because Bad Company felt more like "64 player COD" than battlefield. If that makes sense. But I loving love shooters with big maps. Joint Operations: Typhoon rising was the high watermark for me. Red Orchestra Heroes of Stalingrad would be better if the game didn't gently caress up every 3rd round or so on my PC, and it lacks helicopters.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Tres Burritos posted:

Sooo with a winter break coming up I've been hankering for a couple of different kinds of games. I've got a PC with a pretty decent graphics setup.

1) Space Ship Game
I've played freelancer and X3:TC and loved the poo poo out of those. I've sort of been eying Sword of the Stars 2, but I'm staying away from it until it is, you know, actually functional. That being said I want a game where I can get sweet loving capital ships with boarding pods and missiles and lasers and fighters and rainbows.
Well, there's always the new X3 expansion pack. It's supposed to come out in the next few days, and if you bought the X bundle on steam you automatically get this free or for a discount if you just have TC.

Also, there's also Privateer at GoG if you're feeling retro. There aren't any capital ships (actually, only 4 pilot-able ships total) but it's still pretty great. Though, this may just be nostalgia talking, I played the crap out of this way back when.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Tres Burritos posted:

2) Stealth Game
The latest splintercell made me sad. Instead of methodical sneaking I just run-'n-gunned. I've played every assasins creed ever and they dissapoint me more everytime. I picked up Batman Arkham Asylum for like 15 bucks on steam and thought that was the perfect price point for it. Played the original and latest Thief.

Looked into Deus Ex: Human Revolution? The stealth is completely based on line of sight, but otherwise it can be played very much like Splinter Cell (no acrobatics) or Thief. It is designed with 'ghosting' in mind (except for a few boss fights).

The latest Elder Srolls game, Skyrim (in case you haven't heard of it :v:), has stealth gameplay based on shadows and sound. Most of the maps and missions aren't designed with stealth in mind, though.

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!
I am looking for a nice little Murder Mystery, I have already played all the Agatha Christie games, and as poo poo as they were, I enjoyed them purely because of the whodunnit aspect. It doesn't matter to me how old it is, as long as its for the PC/DOS, its fine.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

SGRaaize posted:

I am looking for a nice little Murder Mystery, I have already played all the Agatha Christie games, and as poo poo as they were, I enjoyed them purely because of the whodunnit aspect. It doesn't matter to me how old it is, as long as its for the PC/DOS, its fine.

Have you played the Laura Bow games? They're oldies, but pretty good, and have a lot of extra content. In the first one, for example, you can miss out on a whole lot of backstory between characters if you don't listen in on conversations at the right time.

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!
Sounds interesting, thank you.

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

SGRaaize posted:

My wife plays tons of Nancy Drew games. I guess she played them as a kid and now that they are on steam she has to have them. I think a lot of them are murder mystery but I honestly don't know? They are definitely mystery though.

Magic
May 18, 2004

Your ass is on my platter, snapperhead!

SGRaaize posted:

Sounds interesting, thank you.
Or if you're lazy\hate the old Sierra interface, look up Hercrabbiness' Let's Play of the games - I really enjoyed watching them.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Edit: Also played Velvet Assassin. And Batman Arkham Asylum/City

Have you tried Project I'm Goin In and I'm Going In 2: Covert Strike. Sometimes simply known as Project IGI (2). They were never exactly the greatest of games and probably more of a tactical shooter than a straight up and down stealth em up but nonetheless may help scratch that stealthy itch of yours.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My girlfriend is suprisingly quite intrested in games. I say quite. She enjoys racing games, but not dry realistic ones like Gran Turismo. She is really interested in Need for Speed Underground 2. I've bought her hot pursuit for the Xbox and I think she'd enjoy Burnout 3. Any particular arcade style driving games that stand out of the crowd. Be awesome if they are for PS2 becuase that frees up the Xbox for me to play :D

Ramagamma fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 16, 2011

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

Ramagamma posted:

My girlfriend is suprisingly quite intrested in games. I say quite. She enjoys racing games, but not dry realistic ones like Gran Turismo. She is really interested in Need for Speed Underground 2. I've bought her hot pursuit for the Xbox and I think she'd enjoy Burnout 3. Any particular arcade style driving games that stand out of the crowd. Be awesome if they are for PS2 becuase that frees up the Xbox for me to play :D

If she's into arcade racers she should love Ridge Racer Type 4 and Outrun Coast 2 Coast, two of the best in that genre. You could also try looking into Auto Modellista. Some people love it, but I thought the racing in that was pretty dull.

Tokyo Incident fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 16, 2011

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Ramagamma posted:

I suggest Midnight Club(III Dub edition), it's rockstar so it's like the ps2 GTA games but just racing.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

Ramagamma posted:

The only cure for Burnout 3 traffic-induced rage is Burnout Revenge.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
Buy an original xbox and get PGR 2. Still the best arcade racer. But yeah Burnout 3 is brilliant.

I have a recommendation request, sadly having looked a bit I think it's one of those 'this game has not been made [for 20 years]' ones. I'm wondering if there's any good 2D sub games, ideally with some kind of top-down 'boat in the ocean' viewpoint - think Silent Hunter III without the 3D. I love that game but I'm looking for something more clinical and point and clicky. Bonus points for any crew morale stuff and grand campaign elements. The only example in fact I know of is Red Storm Rising from waaay back in the day (89?). This is an absolute classic, but I've played it to death.

For some reason I've never played Harpoon because frankly the box art (front and back) terrified me.

edit: by the way, for anyone looking for similar games, keep an eye on Command. Unlike 95% of all the indie games in the war sim genre, this one will almost certainly be released, and probably early next year.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 17, 2011

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good, nontraditional JRPG? Some of my favorites are TWEWY, Infinite Space, the M&L series/SMRPG, the Mother series, Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, and FF5 and Four Heroes of Light.

Basically, I don't know what I like exactly, but I know it isn't traditional fare. Systems available to me are a DS, a Wii, a PS2 maybe, and anything from PS1/N64 backwards.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Live a Live on SNES. It's like an RPG short story collection with a unifying theme and quite a bit of variety in the gameplay. It's pretty much the best Square game that never got a western release, and the more recent Aeon Genesis translation is really good.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Philip Rivers posted:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good, nontraditional JRPG? Some of my favorites are TWEWY, Infinite Space, the M&L series/SMRPG, the Mother series, Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, and FF5 and Four Heroes of Light.

Basically, I don't know what I like exactly, but I know it isn't traditional fare. Systems available to me are a DS, a Wii, a PS2 maybe, and anything from PS1/N64 backwards.

Tried Bahamut Lagoon? You'll need a fan translation, unfortunately, but if you played FF5 I doubt you have any qualms with that.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

Live a Live on SNES. It's like an RPG short story collection with a unifying theme and quite a bit of variety in the gameplay. It's pretty much the best Square game that never got a western release, and the more recent Aeon Genesis translation is really good.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Tried Bahamut Lagoon? You'll need a fan translation, unfortunately, but if you played FF5 I doubt you have any qualms with that.

I'll check these two out, although I played FF5 on GBA :v:. I've heard good things about both, especially Live a Live.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Tres Burritos posted:

1) Space Ship Game

If you have not played Freespace 2 you should. It is on GoG for cheap, and the Source Code Project has made the game look absolutely amazing. You do not control any capital ships, as you are only a fighter/bomber. HOWEVER don't give up reading here, the capital ship fights and stuff in this game really feel like they should. Much more than any game where you control them yourself. Explosions, flak, laser fire are going everywhere, beam rays swatting down fighters and capital ships laying into each other. They really feel like they have, uh, weight/substance if that makes sense. More so than any other space game I have played. It also has tons of good mods which will keep you flying through space for a long time.

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident is a cool space RTS game where you control capital ships and can choose their gear/upgrades. It never got much attention but I really enjoyed it and the graphics look great. Story is pretty ok, but the ship combat is excellent with lots of dynamics between shields/hull, targeting sub systems, launching boarding marines and fighters/bombers.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 17, 2011

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Not exactly appropriate for this thread, but not sure where else to post. Is Enslaved any good? It's 9 bucks now, and I've been eyeing it for a while. I'm just on a budget and really don't want to drop 9 on game that lasts only a few hours with no replay factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Bluetooth human being posted:

I'm just on a budget and really don't want to drop 9 on game that lasts only a few hours with no replay factor.
Skip it then, Enslaved is exactly that type of game.