Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I'm at my parents for another couple of days. Can someone recommend a well-written RPG that I can beat in about two days, for an older PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

I want a game with a high degree of character development/tinkering (like Icewind Dale II or JA2, especially with the 1.13 patch). i'd also like it to have a good actiony feel - basically, something in real time.

I have a PC, a Wii, and a PS2. Any suggestions?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

I'm looking for something in the vein of Jagged Alliance 2, X-COM, or Icewind Dale II. Turn-based, squad-based combat with a high degree of character specialization and development. Any recommendations? I have a PC and a Wii (and all necessary Gamecube accessories!). I could probably be talked into buying another system, though.

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 13, 2011

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

FuriousGeorge posted:

I feel like I recommend this game all the time, but check out Temple of Elemental Evil if you like Icewind Dale 2. It's combat is much more faithful to actual turn-based 3rd-edition D&D combat. For things similar to JA2 I've heard good things about Silent Storm though I've never played it.

Alternatively if you don't mind Japanese SRPGs, pick up a PSP and grab Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics & Jeanne D'arc. Tactics Ogre in particular is wonderful.

TOEE is pretty frustrating for someone who doesn't actually know anything about the paper D&D, or care about the PnP version. I still haven't made it past the first fight because level 1 D&D characters suck rear end! woot.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

has anybody made a Stardew Valley in space? I will also accept Caesar 3 in space. do not say ixion.