Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!
I am going to straight up ignore the Ops replies about this...

PLAY DEUS EX, you poo poo! It is a decade old. Buy it for five or ten bucks and play the poo poo out of it. Write down my forum name, too.
You'll want to thank me later.

Morrowind is pretty bad rear end. Massive dungeon in the addon. The others are pretty big. Massive world to explore. Combat is very retro-RPG. Stat based on to-hit. Great story, although the main quest is pretty short. Incredible world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!

Faerie Fortune posted:

I'm looking for a new game to play, perhaps you guys may know a few titles for me.

I'm after something, preferably an RPG, puzzle or point and click adventure game for PC or DS that I can honestly, really get sucked into. The last game that truly managed to totally immerse me and worked as a form of time travel (start playing at 8pm, look at the clock at what you think is an hour later and realise it's 2am) was rather ironically, the Chrono Trigger DS port which was the first time I'd played it. I want to get that feeling like I'm a 12 year old girl again, staying up late to play Link to the Past because it's so fun I don't want to put it down. Well, you get the point.

I don't care about the newest and shiniest games, I will play a text based adventure from 1972 if it's good fun. I just want it to be immersive, fun and most importantly, easy to just pick up and play whenever I feel like it.

I've played Fallout 3 and Oblivion lately (both heavily modded) but I tend not to prefer the first person RPG style, I enjoy the isometric top down views of things like Baldur's Gate 2 (which I still haven't beaten - the first dungeon puts me off every time) the first Neverwinter Nights which I still play from time to time, and Dungeon Siege. I tried to play the Dark Spire but embarrassingly I got stuck at a locked door about five minutes into the game which is a shame because I've heard wonderful things about it.

Any takers?

And for you, my perscription is:
Arcanum.

A loving bad-rear end magic meets steam-punk RPG. Very cool.