Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

frowning posted:

I have X3 Reunion but I've just given up on trying to work out what's what in that game.
You and me both. I've tried to get into this game on at least five different occasions, but it just doesn't click for me. It's one of the first games in awhile I gave up on despite really wanting to play it.

Okay, so I've got two requests:

(1) I'm a big fan of Shining Force for the Sega Genesis (1 and 2). I understand they continued the series on Dreamcast, but I don't think they translated all the new games to English, and they are pretty difficult to find and pricey. Similar tactical RPG games? I've been eyeing Final Fantasy Tactics, but my FF days stopped with FFIV for SNES, so not sure if it would appeal to me. I did recently play a tactical WW2 themed JRPG for PS3 whose name escapes me, but it's quite recent...valkyrie something or other, but I didn't really care for it.

(2) A flight sim with personality. I've been in love with Flight sims since the Aces series of games in the 90s (Aces over the Pacific, Aces over Europe), but even those games didn't really have much personality. Lately I've been playing IL2 Sturmovik which is a great sim, but it feels so utterly devoid of humanity. I want wingmen with names, and maybe a shoddy story or something. Something that breathes life into the game and doesn't make me shrug indifferently when a wingman is getting blown out of the sky. Do such games even exist?

I saw an LP recently for Crimson Skies which looks like what I want, but it is old and doesn't play nice with modern hardware. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU