Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor What
Sep 17, 2007

Gangsta Lean posted:

I'm looking for a first-person military combat game (Call of Duty, etc) for ps2 for my nephews. It needs to support split-screen multiplayer (either co-op or versus) on the same console since they don't have internet access. I know the split-screen experience in most games isn't that great, but is there something like this for ps2 that doesn't completely suck?

Are there any good fps options that meet the above requirements but aren't specifically military-type games?

I've just been messing around with Giant Bomb's back-end API, that lets you interface tools to their gigantically huge database. This seemed like a good early test.

EDIT: made better
code:
Got 723 games for concept 'First-Person Perspective'.
Got 308 games for concept 'Split-Screen Multiplayer'.
Matched 62 games.
Filtering genre -- looking for first-person shooter
Filtered out 12 games.
Filtering platform -- looking for playstation 2
Filtered out 35 games.
Final result: 15 games.
  4857: Medal of Honor: Frontline
  16752: Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
  10228: Medal of Honor: European Assault
  6647: 007: Nightfire
  15048: Killzone
  8099: TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
  2955: XIII
  97: Serious Sam: Next Encounter
  3055: Conflict: Desert Storm
  3617: Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
  17246: TimeSplitters 2
  3171: Turok: Evolution
  12621: TimeSplitters
  8134: Quake III: Revolution
  6081: Soldier of Fortune (Gold Edition)
It will only work for games that the Giant Bomb community have added the right concepts for, but maybe it'll give you some ideas?

Doctor What fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 15, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor What
Sep 17, 2007

Enigmatic Cardboard posted:

I'm looking for a do-what-you-want, free-roaming kind of action/RPG game. I'm a big fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and I've played all the Fallout games to death. I've played Oblivion a bit, but I didn't really like it, and I've gone through just about every major BioWare release (including Baldur's Gate), as well as The Witcher. If you could recommend me a game that is like any of the ones I mentioned--preferably one that I can sink quite a few hours into--that'd be great. Character customization is also a plus.

Have you played Arcanum? I've come across it a few times, usually mentioned as a cult classic sort of thing, though I haven't played it myself. It's apparently an open-world isometric RPG from some of the people behind Fallout 2. Could be awesome.