Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
My dad is looking for a 360 game he can enjoy. He mostly plays sports games, but for reference, he got GTAIV and hated it because it was hard and unfun and he died too much, but then got SR2 on my recommendation and loved it because it was fun, easy, immediately rewarding, and he could just pick it up and mess around whenever.
Are there any other games out there that are simple-fun like SR2? I can't think of anything besides maybe Fable 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
I'm looking to get my friend a game for Christmas. She's not really into games, but she has a PSP with a few lovely licensed games for it. She's pretty smart so I was thinking a noodle scratcher like Professor Layton or Brain Age, or something creative like Scribblenauts, but then I remembered these games are for the Nintendo DS, not PSP (I know dick about hand-helds, as it is).

Are there any games for the PSP along the lines of those? I briefly considered Patapon, but I fear it may result in murder.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
I've been watching supergreatfriend's LP of Spy Fiction and it's given me an itch for a spy game that I want to scratch. Something science-fictiony but not too fantastic, like Spy Fiction itself, the N64 Mission Impossible, Winback, or Metal Gear Solid.

All I have is an Xbox 360 though. Are there any games that have maybe gone under the radar that I might of missed?

I have Alpha Protocol and I love it. I also have Hitman Blood Money and Splinter Cell 3, 4, and 5. I really hope I'm not already out of options.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

fuf posted:

oh poo poo that's it! Thanks dude.

I wonder if it has co op.

It does. I had this when I was a kid, and I always wanted to be second player to my brother because player 2 gets a bitchin' black mech while player 1 gets regular old LAPD blue.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Sad Mammal posted:

I'm looking for "scuzzy" games, or games that show violence as something ugly and spiritually degrading. Kane and Lynch 2 was stylish as hell when it came to this, too bad everything else sucked about it. Other games I'd say fit the bill are: Hotline Miami, Spec Ops: The Line, the Condemned series, and to a lesser extent Far Cry 3.

Max Payne 3 is punchy and violent and dirty. The constant whizz-bang bullet cams and slow motion don't really glorify it so much as highlight how miserable it is.