Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

What are some games that have good exploration and really reward that exploration by finding interesting/rare/unique items or materials or a really tough enemy or whatever? The Witcher 3 does this phenomenally, and so does the STALKER series. I'm not looking for like a loot grind or dungeon crawler necessarily. I've played most of the big modern RPGs (Dark Souls, Elder Scrolls, etc). It doesn't have to be fantasy or even an RPG, as long as it encourages and rewards fun exploration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Shakill OReal posted:

Grim Dawn is full of this but it is a loot-based dungeon crawler. The world is enormous and full of little twists and turns and dead ends that hide optional dungeons, bosses, treasure chests that explode into loot showers, NPCs that can be rescued and sent to live in the villages and optional quests. It's pretty story-heavy for an ARPG and a a fair amount of the rewards are lore-related (picking up audio logs kind of stuff), but there's also a separate character progression system based entirely on finding shrines hidden in the world.

Thanks, I'll check it out