Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Help me try to get my friend into video games:

He is a serious collector of original samurai arms and armor, plus some ww2 poo poo. He's really into that historical era of samurai/Japanese history.

I sent him a promo video of Total War Shogun 2, and it blew him away. Are there other games that have a historically rich or accurate take on that period? I think we'd have a great time playing against each other if he can jump this first hurdle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'm looking to get a vita game as a present for a friend. They like Japanese games, like Ni No Kuni and Dangan Ronpa. I don't know much about Japanese games, got any suggestions?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Have they played Persona? Because Persona 4 Golden sounds perfect for them.

Actually I just found out that's one of his favorite games. But something else along those lines would be perfect!