Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
I want a sci-fi game with a focus on space exploration, something like a combination of Freelancer and Star Control 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION

Morpheus posted:

A few people in this thread have asked for a creepy game, and I am here to point them towards: Lone Survivor. I haven't played the game, but the demo is pretty drat creepy in a very Silent Hill fashion. Personally I think the price is a bit much right now, but I've seen worse for more, I just can't justify the purchase myself when I have such a backlog.

Edit: Here's a Wot I Think from Rock, Paper, Shotgun about it.

I keep debating whether to throw down the money for it. The RPS article DOES say its 8 hours long though and has multiple endings worth replaying it for, so its very tempting.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
I'm in the mood for an adventure game but can't quite decide what to play. I want something that's got a good balance of story and comic relief, don't want anything too dry and serious nor too focused on wackiness and jokes. And please no Sierra games, I hate anything that forced me to start from the beginning because I forgot to pick up a cardboard tube 10 minutes in and made the game unwinnable for myself. Adventure games I've already played off the top of my head:
-Zork
-Grim Fandango
-Secret of Monkey Island 1 and 2
-The Longest Journey
-Chzo Mythos
-Torin's Passage
-Sam & Max
-Day of the Tentacle

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
Looking for something easy to run on a low-end laptop that I can play between classes for 30 minutes or less at a time. Puzzle or strategy games seem like they'd work best since you can usually save at any time and resume later on.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
I'm looking for something really immersive and time-consuming to get into now that I have a lot of free time this summer, either via a really interesting and atmospheric setting (E.g. The Witcher 2, Planescape, Baldur's Gate, Dark Souls) or through gameplay that basically acts as its own story and makes you really feel like a part of the world or like you are the character you are controlling (Mount & Blade: Warband would probably be my prime example for that). PC games are preferable. Any genre is fine, though I do tend to favor RPGs, action-adventure, and strategy games.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
I'm looking for a game about surviving in a hostile and harsh environment, preferably something sort of sandboxy or free-roaming rather than linear. An atmosphere similar to that of STALKER or Metro 2033 would be nice, just in the sense that every part of the world feels dangerous and your goal is purely to keep on surviving rather than to grow to be some kind of super powerful badass or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
Mount & Blade: Warband has some pretty excellent multiplayer, particularly with the Napoleonic DLC which makes everything more about muskets and cannons rather than swords and shields.