Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guenter
Dec 24, 2003
All I want out of life is to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit. That's why I've decided to transfer to business school!
I'm pretty sure nothing exists that fits exactly what I want - It's like trying to scratch an itch. I have high hopes for Star Citizen though. That unannounced Valve game too just because it's Valve. Starfarer looks promising too but I don't know if I feel like dealing with an alpha.

1) Open world. Trading, pirating, maybe some exploration. Get new ships, upgrade existing ships. Some RPG elements. Tried to play X3 but it's a little overwhelming and I don't have the time anymore. I'm also not really excited anymore by ultra realistic flight controls that require a joystick and just leave me endlessly circling my opponents. Good damage modeling would be nice too.

2) Something that gives me the same kind of feeling I got watching Battlestar Galactica. Big capital ships, lots of fighters and support ships. Ability to buy new ships, modify them, and experiment with fleet composition. I played SPAZ recently and that's the closest I've come in a while. I'd like something a little larger scale and a little less goofy in tone though. Maybe also a little more persistent and/or RPGish. SPAZ missions felt more like unrelated challenges. Starfleet Command was an old game that fulfilled at least some of these things too.

If I could get one game that did both somehow that would be ridiculous amazing and I would pay hundreds of dollars for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU