Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Enigmatic Cardboard posted:

I'm looking for a do-what-you-want, free-roaming kind of action/RPG game. I'm a big fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and I've played all the Fallout games to death. I've played Oblivion a bit, but I didn't really like it, and I've gone through just about every major BioWare release (including Baldur's Gate), as well as The Witcher. If you could recommend me a game that is like any of the ones I mentioned--preferably one that I can sink quite a few hours into--that'd be great. Character customization is also a plus.

Risen is like this, it falls apart once you hit chapter 3 though since you have to just fight a million lizardmen in huge caves, chapter 1 and 2 are quite lengthy and cool though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Enigmatic Cardboard posted:

Yeah, I think that's about up to the point where I played Risen. :v: Guess I forgot to mention that one.

Oh okay, maybe Divinity 2 then? Problem with that game is it starts out pretty horrible for the first three or so hours then begins to get pretty drat good

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Sinking Ship posted:

I really like Bioware games where you interact with NPCs and choose your own path to some greater or lesser extent, but I've played pretty much every Bioware title, any similar games to recommend?

Games I've played / liked include:

Dragon Age
KotOR 1/2
Mass Effect 1/2
-and outside Bioware-
Oblivion
Morrowwind 3
Fallout 3

edit: occurred to me I should mention I play primarily PC games, I have a 360 for exceptional console games, but PC preferred.
Divinity 2 has a bit of character interaction, it's a cool game. I feel like this is like the third time I've recommended it in this thread

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Thwack! posted:

Before my new computer gets here, I'll be stuck using this 5 year old, 512 mb ram laptop for quite a while. And I happen to feel like playing an RPG to kill the time, so I need a good one that can run in this piece of poo poo and last me a good while. Note that I've played Baldur's Gate 1/2, Fallout 1/2, Deus Ex, Daggerfall, and a few others I forgot to mention.

Divine Divinity? I haven't played it but I've heard good things and it's on gog