Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Looking for a fun PC multiplayer game to play when I don't have the time (or patience) to play a full game of Dota. Other favourites include TF2 and Counter Strike, but I'm open to pretty much any genre as long as it's fun, has an active community, and isn't pay-to-win or grind-to-win. What's good these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Liberatore posted:

Warframe is popular for co-op. I'm not a fan but you might enjoy it.

For competitive MP I suggest Chivalry if you enjoy semi-realistic medieval combat, and the recently released Wargame: Airland Battle if you like real time strategy. If you like WWII shooters, there's Heroes & Generals, and I hear Rising Storm isn't bad either. Blacklight: Retribution is a fun shooter with one of the better F2P models around. If you enjoy asymmetrical competitive MP, Natural Selection 2 is worth a try.

And that's pretty much it for recent games, I think. I'm assuming the kind of progression found in games like Planetside 2, War Thunder and Star Conflict isn't of interest to you.

Decided to try out Chivalry. It's pretty ridiculous and fun, thanks!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Looking for a good semi-casual multiplayer PC game to play when I'm too tired or don't have enough time to play Dota. Last time I made this request someone recommended Chivalry and I got some mileage out of that. Anything good lately? Edit: I probably already know the answer to this but is the new Call of Duty any good on PC?

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Thanks for the suggestions so far, I should add that F2P is not a requirement, I'm happy to buy a game if it's good.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I'm looking for something with somewhat interesting characters that will make me laugh. I liked GTA V and The Stick of Truth recently. PC, Xbox One, or Wii U. Also simultaneously looking for more turn-based and maybe even party-based combat, I wrote it off for the longest time but between Hearthstone and now Stick of Truth I realized I actually like pondering move order and stuff. So yeah there's probably a wealth of games in that genre that I've missed. Thanks!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

cisco privilege posted:

Divinity Original Sin should fit, maybe Dragon Knight Saga also although it's more of a solo game. Saints Row 3 and 4 have interesting characters and plenty of insanity but they're not squad-based. XCOM Enemy Within is a good squad game but it's not funny if that matters too much.

Thanks! I worded this terribly, I'm looking for a funny story/character driven game OR a turn-based game. If it's both that's awesome but definitely happy to play a couple of different games.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
You might like TagPro if you like games where the primary mechanic/challenge is movement. It's multiplayer though.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I think I'm done with Stardew Valley but I'm looking for something else that scratches that same itch. I really liked organizing my farm, working towards items/upgrades, and making plans and then executing them over time. The character stuff I can take or leave. I also don't really want to play a Harvest Moon game, totally different style/subject matter is fine.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Tagra posted:

Possibly Recettear or Holy Potatoes, but the problem is Stardew Valley is so exciting to a lot of people because there's nothing much else like it besides Harvest Moon and Rune Factory (and nothing else on PC...), and they're all very similar.

Animal Crossing too, I guess, but that's even more aimless and less business focused.

Oh you might like Patrician or Anno, though.

Anno seems kind of cool, is there a specific entry in the series that stands out?

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Skyrim wasn't that good in 2011 and it's definitely not good now. The level scaling isn't as bad as oblivion but if you're looking for the hand crafted open world experience of morrowind you're not going to find it in Skyrim.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Looking for a somewhat relaxing game with some kind of item or crafting progression, fun core gameplay loop, maybe a good sound track. Something that's challenging and interesting but that I can play when I'm too tired to play Rocket League or CS:GO or anything that requires alertness. Some games I've played recently and liked:

Stardew Valley
Civ V
Cities Skylines

I'm pretty open to genres, styles, whatever, but ideally it would be a PC game that I can get on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Thanks for all the suggestions, I tried Anno 1404 a while ago but couldn't get into it. I've already got Torchlight 2 in my library so I'm going to give that a whirl but I added a bunch of others to my wish list for later. I had never heard of a few that look pretty cool.