Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Pancake
Dec 2, 2013

Funhilde posted:

Leeloo has taken over the perch Elmer loves. Some fighting going on but Leeloo is happy to watch the squirrels eating pumpkins. She also has been chasing her tail around the post.

your image link isn't working
post more Elmer tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Sniep posted:

agreed… A mod needs to do something about that cat immediately

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
Parrot guy, am I sensing an excuse to postpone cat ownership for yet another month? :colbert:

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Pilli posted:

Parrot guy, am I sensing an excuse to postpone cat ownership for yet another month? :colbert:
maybe? i'm not gonna deal with a cat while I'm trying to get moved and settled, and it's midterms for the next couple weeks and i'm about dead from the combined stress of exams and moving while working 50+ hours a week.

so yeah, cat is absolute lowest priority. sorry if that somehow disappoints someone but idgaf

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

maybe? i'm not gonna deal with a cat while I'm trying to get moved and settled, and it's midterms for the next couple weeks and i'm about dead from the combined stress of exams and moving while working 50+ hours a week.

so yeah, cat is absolute lowest priority. sorry if that somehow disappoints someone but idgaf

pets are known to decrease stress in their owners (read: slaves for people who have cats) and some studies show that men with pets are at a lower risk of heart disease

maybe the cats will... save your life?

im just being pedantic get the cats when you are ready

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Pointless list of Mercredi's current in-house nicknames:

Mercedes
Benz*
Lunchbox
Pork Chop
Tater Tot
Face
Stink Butt
Fuzz Butt
Butt
Fart Blossom
Grey Alien
Lickapaw
Child
Fatstuff
Nipples the Cat (only when in a shaved condition)
Lil' Girl
Skunk Rat
Grey Flanks
loving Pain in the rear end

*this is the only one she refuses to answer to

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Understandable, I work 50-55 hours per week and commute via public transport (10-12hrs/week total) and throwing moving into the mix would be awful. Have some cat pictures in the meantime

I started Tallulah Diet 2.0 a couple days ago. I feed them in the morning & evening (tallulah in the bathroom, Nermal.. anywhere else in the house). Nermal has learned to actually meow at me and putter around where the food dishes generally go when shes hungry again so I put down more food for her (and put tuna in the bathroom so she can eat). Nermal has actually calmed down a bit in the last year and become more personable (with me). Maybe separate feedings can actually happen on a regular basis now that nermal is a smidge less codependent :ohdear:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cookie's been very loving since the vet trip. Wonder what got into him? Fear of abandonment? Germs?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Cookie's been very loving since the vet trip. Wonder what got into him? Fear of abandonment? Germs?

he needs to reapply the toxo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i luv garfield & nermal

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Tallulah always looks so sad. I'd probably give her too many treats because of it.

SynthOrange posted:

A thermometer up the butt makes a gentleman reevaluate his priorities, clearly.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Tendai posted:

Tallulah always looks so sad. I'd probably give her too many treats because of it.

This is why she fat.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Well yeah I sorta figured

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

when you have time for it, i would strongly suggest a male orange cat. nothing against any other type of cat, its just that orange dudecats are just...different. very low key, get along with anybody, super friendly. IMHO the best choice for a starter cat. as with any cat, you may get a weirdo, but orange man cat is your best bet

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

oh fine i'll call off the torch-and-pitchfork mob

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

i brushed a cat today
to see if it would purr
i focus on the floof
the only thing that's real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG3u4-9oqlw

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I've decided nugget is a good name for an orange cat.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Penny

Penny I have to go to work

trapped, don't send help

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Roosevelt posted:

when you have time for it, i would strongly suggest a male orange cat. nothing against any other type of cat, its just that orange dudecats are just...different. very low key, get along with anybody, super friendly. IMHO the best choice for a starter cat. as with any cat, you may get a weirdo, but orange man cat is your best bet

yeah, I miss our orange guy. they're something else.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dexter is an orange dude cat and he does have a certain charm to him and he does neat stuff.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The last orange cat my family had was incredibly dumb and sweet.

But he also liked to pee on everything.

Zsa Zsa Gabor
Feb 22, 2006

I don't do drugs, if I want a rush I just get out of the chair when I'm not expecting it
I have an orange cat as well, named Dude. He's very chill and affectionate but poops out of the box. So yeah, big dumb ginger floof all the way <3

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.

Local rescue has these cuties up for adoption, preferably as a pair. If we didn't already have our two, I would be all over them.
Also, seconding (fourthing?) the orange cat thing. Wheatley's the most lovable little poo poo I've ever encountered. I love him to bits. I mean, how can you not love this?

Canadian Bakin fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 30, 2014

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I heard american shorthairs like water...does trophy like water?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

trophy... like?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I had an orange tabby named Tasha. First cat my family had. She was a goddamn menace.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

ladyweapon posted:

Someone go adopt this regal kitty kitty named Murphy

somebody adopt Miss Mildred or Grandma Mittens tia

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I'm sick at work operating on 3.5 hours of sleep

I just want to go home and cuddle the pockets

Sweet As Sin fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 30, 2014

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Archie actually used Fort Warms!!!

Eben still loves it too.

We had a breakthrough, Archie and Eben both on the sofa/me with no growling or hissing from Archie. Tiny moment of peace. It didn't last long. :(

And a nubbin update. Fur growing back pretty well. One weird bald spot on the tip. Hopefully the other fur will cover it over once it's fully filled in.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

not sure if I ever posted this so here's an old cinnamon photo

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

when did they make cinnamon coke?

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

share a coke with cinnamon

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Meet Angus

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
orange cats are great i have an orange cat her name is molly she is fantastic also a serial killer

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

did she just that herself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

well, good on you for teasing us about the Parrot Cat Event happening in November of 2014, AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS. (Kidding, of course it happens when the time is right.)

Roosevelt posted:

all of what Tattoo is says you're right about the low key and getting along part, and sweet and social. Never liked orange cats, never wanted one, Tattoo just happened and there was never any looking back. Not a lap cat, can't pick him up, but he's never aggressive and was super easy to raise

Sweet As Sin posted:

I'm sick at work operating on 3.5 hours of sleep

I just want to go home and cuddle the pockets

Aaawwww! :3:
Get well soon!