Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

Deteriorata posted:

I've found that surprisingly, cat puke is fairly easy to clean out of carpeting (at least our carpeting). Wait for it to dry, then vacuum it up. It doesn't cling to the fibers much at all and just breaks away. If there's any residue, use some spray cleaner like you would any other stain.

It's pretty gross leaving it to dry (dab the worst of it up at least), but I've found that trying to wipe it while wet just smears it around and makes it worse.

Since it happened while I was at work it was already fairly dry when I found it. I'll see about picking up a scrub brush and take the handvac to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm trapped. don't send help

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
esteban did well at the vets, they shaved the wound area and cleaned it up and gave him an antibiotic shot for $85, it was that or 3 pills a day for 14 days for $45.

he doesn't seem to mind at all.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
post barksteban

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

tong the corgsteban

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm trapped. don't send help

Sigh.... i'm jealous. This weekend I'm going to try and see if I can find a couple of bonded senior cat. My niece adopted one cat, Zoey. Her person passed away so she adopted her though she is not a senior cat.

I don't understand why family members would not keep cat as family member. If anything happened to a family member you can bet I will be first in line to adopt!

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

idk if my mom died I probably wouldn't take her dogs

if my brother's died I definitely wouldn't take his though I'll take his super mean cats (one big Russian blue mix and the other a super sassy tubby orange girlcat)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

minivanmegafun posted:

idk if my mom died I probably wouldn't take her dogs

if my brother's died I definitely wouldn't take his though I'll take his super mean cats (one big Russian blue mix and the other a super sassy tubby orange girlcat)

I would probably still be catless if I hadn't adopted my mom's cat, Pepper.

My mother passed away literally days after I took Pepper home with me. It didn't take long to realize I'd been missing out by not having a cat.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

yea shadow

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/HcAB68c.mp4

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Puff got taken to the vet er :( couldn't stop peeing in his box or so I am told, he got an antibiotic shot and will be going to the normal vet in the morning for a full round of everything because this kitty will not die on me.

This is what my fuzzy buddy looked like before i left for class a few hours ago acting all normal and purring a storm for pets.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

gonna need bump_fn to produce a similar video

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

get better Puff :ohdear:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

babou and woodhouse aren't dead

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Penny hides from me when i give her her meds and it's really sad :(

Also she still doesn't want to seem to eat much which is really irritating

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

penny eat the foods.

I've found fortiflora to be astonishingly good at convincing Sadie to eat. the digestive fortification stuff seems like woowoo bullshit but I sprinkle a bit on and she chows down so. would you be able to give Penny that on her food? could be not acceptable if she is on a specialty diet.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
trece I see that you are getting along better with mischy
took a while
how are you

oh
ok

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
yeah my phone has a potato for a camera.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

my roommate's friend came over once and when I handed CJ over to her to cradle, she said that CJ was perfect

I can't disagree

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
leo disagrees

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

leo disagrees

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

mad.radhu posted:

Penny hides from me when i give her her meds and it's really sad :(

What do you put them in?

I recommend MEAT STILL DRIPPING WITH BLOOD it's quite effective.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
hitting page 2, shameful

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Someone once photoshopped one of the thread cats into the space helmet from 2001, right? If anyone has it on hand, my life depends on it, TY

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

coffeecup posted:

Someone once photoshopped one of the thread cats into the space helmet from 2001, right? If anyone has it on hand, my life depends on it, TY

it was refurb.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

What do you put them in?

I recommend MEAT STILL DRIPPING WITH BLOOD it's quite effective.

Some cats do not really like meat, Mischy won't eat it!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

shadow is too smart for pills in food, he eats the food and spits out the pill.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sweet As Sin posted:

Some cats do not really like meat, Mischy won't eat it!

Cats are just weird.

My cat can be very picky about her food. Some years ago when I was unemployed, and before she had her surgery, I was feeding my cat Blue Buffalo Salmon and Brown Rice flavor. One day, I went to get more, but they were out of the size I could afford, so I had to get Blue Buffalo Chicken and Brown Rice flavor. Every night until that bag was gone and I could get the right flavor, she'd look at her food, and come right back to me and put her front paws on my arm, sit and just stare at me :negative:

After her surgery, remembering the Chicken and Brown Rice incident, when she had to start eating prescription food, I went with the canned option because I knew she would eat it. Well, after a few months I started putting out dry food for the time between feeding times. Now she won't eat without either of them there (well she doesn't admit to it*), and seems to cycle between preferring to eat the wet food, or the dry food.

*she admits to it, by not being a pesty pants, and when she's finished eating she gives me cuddles and purrs :3:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

do u ever check for a pulse? :ohdear:

Orthogonalus
Feb 26, 2008
Right angles ONLY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWFYVgXJBZs

Aw yiss, belly scritches

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

graph you should get a cat as swsp did before you

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Puff is home and is doing fine, its either kidney failure or hyper hypothyroidism, most likely hyper thyroid.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

wargames posted:

Puff is home and is doing fine, its either kidney failure or hyper hypothyroidism, most likely hyper thyroid.

get better, Puff :ohdear:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

wargames posted:

If I recall right hyper thyroid is fairly treatable.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Trast posted:

If I recall right hyper thyroid is fairly treatable.

Supposedly, right now though he has a liquid antibiotic just encase its something else, normally puff is great with meds but he does not like liquid meds it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Roosevelt posted:

graph you should get a cat as swsp did before you

dont have room for a cat atm