Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

Master_Odin posted:

Yeah, it seems to sometimes work and I'm not sure why. Will have to poke more at it and try and get it more consistent.

I think I've found the reason. Submitted a PR. The reasoning may be specious but the results are there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

The Journey Fraternity posted:

I think I've found the reason. Submitted a PR. The reasoning may be specious but the results are there.

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure why it works, but that's programming I guess. v:v:v

Released fixes live though.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

If you click the page icon on the bottom left it marks the thread read up to that post. Open the thread to the last post you read, open the last page in a new tab so you can read it, and click the icon on the last post you read to re-mark your spot.

Is there some feature I'm missing? I only see the [1] [#] and [?] buttons.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't remember exactly what the option is, but in the user cp, there's an option to show an icon for unread posts, or something like that.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

gradenko_2000 posted:

"Show an icon next to each post indicating if it has been seen or not"

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I was browsing, when suddenly this happened...

and my SALR broke. Using Chrome on Mac. I am scared.

e: Had to restart my Mac, it fixed itself.

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 2, 2015

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
I've been experimenting with the image display options. Is there any way to get 'convert images to links' and 'show image when hovering over link' to play nice together?

If I turn them both on, the images do become links, but hovering over them does nothing.

Settings: http://pastebin.com/HHDbPscN

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Test post

Edit: Had one of those "your post was forged" and thought it may be SALR, it wasn't. :)

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not sure how the "convert Vine links to inline video" code is set up, but apparently links to Comicvine create false positives.

Example: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3669433&perpage=40&pagenumber=217#post442661093

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Technogeek posted:

I'm not sure how the "convert Vine links to inline video" code is set up, but apparently links to Comicvine create false positives.

Example: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3669433&perpage=40&pagenumber=217#post442661093
Should be fixed.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Is there a way to highlight posts by specific users I select? I usually browse with avatars off (they're usually terrible and a giveaway that I'm browsing at work) and usernames are quite easy to overlook.

If I'm interested in highlighting posts by a specific user (or users) is there a way to do this?

Also, can I sort the user CP by number of unread posts?

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 7, 2015

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

nexus6 posted:

Is there a way to highlight posts by specific users I select? I usually browse with avatars off (they're usually terrible and a giveaway that I'm browsing at work) and usernames are quite easy to overlook.

If I'm interested in highlighting posts by a specific user (or users) is there a way to do this?
Add them to your favorites then use the coloring in SALR to highlight them. You only get one color though, not one per user.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

LastInLine posted:

Add them to your favorites then use the coloring in SALR to highlight them. You only get one color though, not one per user.

How do I add somebody to my favorites? Do you mean buddy list?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

nexus6 posted:

How do I add somebody to my favorites? Do you mean buddy list?
Yeah, whatever that box on the left is in your PM screen.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Cool, that works a treat. Thanks!

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

nexus6 posted:

Also, can I sort the user CP by number of unread posts?
Nope, it's always by date.

http://zippy.gfycat.com/UnequaledPowerlessEmperorshrimp.webm

http://i.imgur.com/nKgg9Vu.gifv

http://gfycat.com/ifr/AdmirableShyElectriceel

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 3, 2015

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Feature request: Actually hide posts by ignored users; also, hide quotes of ignored users (replace quoted text with "jerk detected" message if possible).

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

You may want to provide the option to not get an image tooltip if the link you're hovering over is already an image (and maybe deny it outright if the image that's the target of the hyperlink is already contained in the hyperlink tag).

For example.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
If you've got twitter embedding enabled (and presumably vine embedding and what other embed options there are) and someone links to a tweet, the text of the link disappears.

example:

this text describing the tweet as another classic from flash game developer dave lang completely disappears

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Manky posted:

Feature request: Actually hide posts by ignored users; also, hide quotes of ignored users (replace quoted text with "jerk detected" message if possible).
Sure

Sir Unimaginative posted:

You may want to provide the option to not get an image tooltip if the link you're hovering over is already an image (and maybe deny it outright if the image that's the target of the hyperlink is already contained in the hyperlink tag).

For example.
Could you explain this a bit better? Are you talking about "Set image tooltip to file name" or "Show linked image when hovering on link" setting groups? I'm a bit confused (and your example has an image that links to a non-existent image).

flatluigi posted:

If you've got twitter embedding enabled (and presumably vine embedding and what other embed options there are) and someone links to a tweet, the text of the link disappears.

example:

this text describing the tweet as another classic from flash game developer dave lang completely disappears
What would be your preference for how this is displayed? Have it work like inline youtube videos where you click the highlighted text, tweet appears, click text again, tweet disappears? Or just have the text displayed above a tweet but show the tweet always?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Seems like I've had this problem before but I can't figure out how to fix it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the extension (clearing my settings in the process), restarted both the browser and the MacBook Air.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

LastInLine posted:

Just came to ask this. Oh well.

One thing I love about the Firefox version is being able to use colours to remind me of all the good - and bad - posters at a glance. Gold for good, poo brown for bad and black for those not even worth bothering with. And being able to add notes for each user is great, too. Helps to remember why you've turned someone's posts into unreadable black boxes. "Oh yeah, it's that horrible pro-eugenics libertarian guy."

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

Seems like I've had this problem before but I can't figure out how to fix it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the extension (clearing my settings in the process), restarted both the browser and the MacBook Air.
I cannot seem to replicate this. Is this consistent for you?

Gorilla Salad posted:

Just came to ask this. Oh well.

One thing I love about the Firefox version is being able to use colours to remind me of all the good - and bad - posters at a glance. Gold for good, poo brown for bad and black for those not even worth bothering with. And being able to add notes for each user is great, too. Helps to remember why you've turned someone's posts into unreadable black boxes. "Oh yeah, it's that horrible pro-eugenics libertarian guy."
Well, you can at least have user notes. Adding post coloring wouldn't be too too hard to support considering I could do it in the same step as applying user notes without any performance impact.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Really? That's great!

Spending a lot of time in D&D*, I get to deal with a lot of horrible people and it's hard to remember who's who when avatars change constantly and people re-reg.

And I want to say that the way you've got SALR set up, with all the collapsing menus, is really great. It's so incredibly simple and quick to go through everything.

* and GBS :nexus:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

I cannot seem to replicate this. Is this consistent for you?

Yes. It doesn't happen in Windows or ChromeOS. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension several times, I've tried searching through the filesystem for the ID for the extension and deleting that stuff (it seems to disappear when the extension is uninstalled), I've tried not restoring settings for the extension. I've tried running it in incognito with only uBlock running to see if another extension is causing it. I have no idea what even to try although I guess the next step is uninstalling Chrome altogether or at least destroying my profile.

I'm on Chrome Beta and I may have flipped some flags I shouldn't have, I don't know.

I'm not even sure what to try.

e: Just destroyed my Chrome profile and it does it even when starting fresh. I guess I'll have to kill Chrome next.

e2: Looks like reinstalling Chrome leaves everything that was there so that on reinstall you get the same poo poo. I'll do this right when I have more time.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 27, 2015

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Okay I blew everything away and started with a fresh install and it's still doing it. Have you tested with Chrome Beta? That's the only thing I've got different between the places it's fine and here where it's not.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

is it possible for this to filter out embedded gifs above a certain size or is that not something an extension can know before loading it?

also is it possible to convert inline gifvs to embed?

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003

LastInLine posted:

This has been happening for me for a while too. I'm running beta chrome on windows.

I haven't dug into the js to figure out why it's happening, but the width of gesture-overlay seems to be 1px too small (231 vs 232). Manually adjusting it seems to fix the problem but I don't know why it would calculate that wrong.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

SirJoeKCB posted:

This has been happening for me for a while too. I'm running beta chrome on windows.

I haven't dug into the js to figure out why it's happening, but the width of gesture-overlay seems to be 1px too small (231 vs 232). Manually adjusting it seems to fix the problem but I don't know why it would calculate that wrong.
The width isn't calculated, it's just from the CSS. I'm just confused why the beta for chrome is apparently breaking this as I haven't touched the JS code in a year or the CSS in 2 years.

baram. posted:

also is it possible to convert inline gifvs to embed?
soon

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 13, 2015

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003

Master_Odin posted:

The width isn't calculated, it's just from the CSS. I'm just confused why the beta for chrome is apparently breaking this as I haven't touched the JS code in a year or the CSS in 2 years.

I've submitted a pull request. I have no clue what these changes would do on release Chrome, nor in all honesty have I tested them other than manually making the changes in developer tools, but that seems to do the trick for me.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

SirJoeKCB posted:

I've submitted a pull request. I have no clue what these changes would do on release Chrome, nor in all honesty have I tested them other than manually making the changes in developer tools, but that seems to do the trick for me.
I'll want to play with this more before accepting as just increasing the width of div#gesture-overlay by 1px also seems to work fine?

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003

Master_Odin posted:

I'll want to play with this more before accepting as just increasing the width of div#gesture-overlay by 1px also seems to work fine?

Yes, that also seemed to work.

The reason I made the change to display instead is because I noticed that the gesture-left, gesture-right, etc. divs were larger than the images they contained, and the size of gesture-overlay seemed to be based off of the size of the images instead. Having display set to inline on the images apparently adds some inherent padding and changing it made the divs match the size of the images. I suspect that increasing the width of the overlay made it wider than the contents, which caused the layout to start working as expected again.

Anyway, until the breakage shows up in release there's no hurry to do anything about it since it's still functional. I was just curious about what might have broken it.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I changed channels back to the release version to fix a different problem and was surprised to see that the gesture doohickey is still messed up. It says I'm at the current release version, did the problem get promoted to Stable or do I need to wipe my profile? (The other problem was actually fixed so I guess it doesn't matter, I'm just curious.)

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LastInLine posted:

I changed channels back to the release version to fix a different problem and was surprised to see that the gesture doohickey is still messed up. It says I'm at the current release version, did the problem get promoted to Stable or do I need to wipe my profile? (The other problem was actually fixed so I guess it doesn't matter, I'm just curious.)
I'm not sure? I'm finally not swamped by work so I can sit down and release a fix for this by Wednesday.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
I am having the same problem as LastinLine. I think I am on the stable version. The extension says 2.1.8.3 is my version.

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003

dalstrs posted:

I am having the same problem as LastinLine. I think I am on the stable version. The extension says 2.1.8.3 is my version.

Not sure what changed, but the gesture overlay just started working for me today. I'm also on 2.1.8.3.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

It's not working for me. Stable Chrome, 2.1.8.3 SALR. Historically there have been a lot of instances where what would seem to be an unrelated option would cause another to break. Maybe I just have the wrong set of options?

Edit: I don't see a "Reset to defaults" in the Miscellaneous Commands. Perhaps that should be added?

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 3, 2015

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
New version released

Changelog posted:

v2.1.8.4 (06/03/2015)
```
* Fix: Improve pasting in quick reply functionality (ctrl+z works better and focuses on cursor if large posts)
* Add: Embed gifv and gyfcat formats (all tied to webm embedding setting)
* Fix: Mouse overlay was positioned wrong on versions of Chrome
```
edit: There is a bug in embedding larger gfycat images as it'll be cut off and not properly transformed.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 3, 2015

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
For some reason the 'Adjust window position after threads load' setting isn't working correctly. It always jumps me one or two posts up if there's images on the page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

101 posted:

For some reason the 'Adjust window position after threads load' setting isn't working correctly. It always jumps me one or two posts up if there's images on the page

What OS are you using and what are your image settings?

• Locked thread