Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Daily Life posted:

Does Chrome auto update extensions?

It should but you can go into your extensions tab, expand advanced developer mode and hit update extensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Something might be fishy...I still don't see the new version popping up. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Ferg posted:

Something might be fishy...I still don't see the new version popping up. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Trying to install manually without uninstalling the old one gives an error about an attempt to downgrade. Fishy indeed.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bloodynose posted:

Trying to install manually without uninstalling the old one gives an error about an attempt to downgrade. Fishy indeed.

Yeah I probably forgot to update the version number somewhere. I'll get a fix up soon, I'm seriously swamped with other stuff at the moment though.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
Just bringing up my idea for being able to disable thread highlighting again for whenever you have time. You said it'd be possible to do on page 1.
Thanks again for your work on this, the jumplists are great. Would it also be possible to remove things from the jumplist to only have the forums I browse?

Sorry, I know I just suggested a new feature when you're swamped with other stuff please don't hate me.

jaded_dream
Jan 28, 2005

Slave to the double helix.
Forgive the stupid question, but when I've installed extension the quick navigation button I can see in the screenshots doesn't seem to appear. Do I need to change an option in chrome? I can see the button to change the options for SALR in the omnibar but nothing else.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zeph posted:

Just bringing up my idea for being able to disable thread highlighting again for whenever you have time. You said it'd be possible to do on page 1.
Thanks again for your work on this, the jumplists are great. Would it also be possible to remove things from the jumplist to only have the forums I browse?

This is something I've had planned, as well as being able to pin your most frequently read forums or other config options. I'm tossing around ideas in my head on how to implement this but it's probably next on my todo list.

jaded_dream posted:

Forgive the stupid question, but when I've installed extension the quick navigation button I can see in the screenshots doesn't seem to appear. Do I need to change an option in chrome? I can see the button to change the options for SALR in the omnibar but nothing else.

Are you viewing threads with multiple pages? It won't show unless it has to. And I'm noticing as I post this that it doesn't show while posting either.

jaded_dream
Jan 28, 2005

Ferg posted:

This is something I've had planned, as well as being able to pin your most frequently read forums or other config options. I'm tossing around ideas in my head on how to implement this but it's probably next on my todo list.

Are you viewing threads with multiple pages? It won't show unless it has to. And I'm noticing as I post this that it doesn't show while posting either.

Sorry when I said the quick navigation I meant the jump bar! The one where there's a pulldown menu which has bookmarks for each forum :)

Edit: The problem seems to be that the link the OP points to has installed an older version and it doesn't seem to have updated automatically for some reason :( I've looked through to find the newer version to install manually but all the links seem to point to that one. (and by older it's saying 0.3.2.) I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong >_<

jaded_dream fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 12, 2010

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

jaded_dream posted:

Sorry when I said the quick navigation I meant the jump bar! The one where there's a pulldown menu which has bookmarks for each forum :)

Edit: The problem seems to be that the link the OP points to has installed an older version and it doesn't seem to have updated automatically for some reason :( I've looked through to find the newer version to install manually but all the links seem to point to that one. (and by older it's saying 0.3.2.) I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong >_<

Is it still outdated? Auto-updater should have fixed it by now if I didn't totally bone the updater with the 0.4.7 release.

I'll try to get this fixed during the weekend.

Edit: Nevermind, should be working in a few. Just letting Github update it's cache.

Edit 2: I've confirmed that the right file is uploaded but I still see the wrong one coming from Github. So let me know if it's still not working for you guys.

Ferg fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 13, 2010

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

my version isn't updating from 0.4.6. So far i've been really enjoying this extension otherwise.

jaded_dream
Jan 28, 2005

kcncuda71 posted:

my version isn't updating from 0.4.6. So far i've been really enjoying this extension otherwise.

Yeah likewise :( loving the look and feel though! Hopefully 0.4.7 will get through eventually :)

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

jaded_dream posted:

Yeah likewise :( loving the look and feel though! Hopefully 0.4.7 will get through eventually :)

Have you guys tried the direct link in the OP? This is probably reason enough for me to just stick it up on the official Google repository.

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

Ferg posted:

Have you guys tried the direct link in the OP? This is probably reason enough for me to just stick it up on the official Google repository.

direct link worked, thanks!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ferg posted:

Well poo poo. I did that and it installed 0.3.2 and I don't even have an options page anymore. :(

Edit: The link in your OP points to a github file that was uploaded on 2009-09-28. That might explain something.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 13, 2010

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Well poo poo. I did that and it installed 0.3.2 and I don't even have an options page anymore. :(

Edit: The link in your OP points to a github file that was uploaded on 2009-09-28. That might explain something.

That was the file I originally uploaded on Friday (it was apparently hanging around in my project directory, oops). I uploaded the proper one tonight. If kcncuda is grabbing the correct one it's possible Github works off of a content-delivery network that's taking it's sweet time updating.

jaded_dream
Jan 28, 2005

Ferg posted:

That was the file I originally uploaded on Friday (it was apparently hanging around in my project directory, oops). I uploaded the proper one tonight. If kcncuda is grabbing the correct one it's possible Github works off of a content-delivery network that's taking it's sweet time updating.

Prophetic words indeed! It seems to have updated to the correct version now :) all working perfectly.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ferg posted:

Good deal. I'll give it a whirl when I'm back at home in a few hours. Thanks for the updates. :)

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009
Ferg: it may be time to setup the google extensions page rather than using github for hosting the update files.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I´ve got this problem after upgrading to 0.4.7. They appear when scrolling down and dissappear when scrolling up:

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TjyvTompa posted:

I´ve got this problem after upgrading to 0.4.7. They appear when scrolling down and dissappear when scrolling up:

Weird. What version of Chrome?

Also, I realized last night that the reason the upgrade took so drat long was because I forgot to remove the .git/ directory before building the package. Whoops. I'll make the filesize smaller for a 0.4.7.1.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I had that in linux when I used a dev version.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Riso posted:

I had that in linux when I used a dev version.

That would have been my guess for the problem. I know they've been playing around with their support for CSS3 dropshadows, so who knows what kind of weirdness could show up as a result on a dev version.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Ferg posted:

That would have been my guess for the problem. I know they've been playing around with their support for CSS3 dropshadows, so who knows what kind of weirdness could show up as a result on a dev version.

Correct, I got the problem in Chromium dev version, works fine in Chrome.

Obviously Erratic
Oct 17, 2008

Give me beauty or give me death!
Seems to be just the Dev version.
There's also an issue with the aero peek functionality, Chrome Dev Blog states it'll be fixed soon so expect a point release shortly.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Is there an option to just turn that navigation box off without disabling the rest of the extension?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

TjyvTompa posted:

I'm having this same problem, but in Chrome, ever since the latest update. I am using the DEV build of Chrome, not the regular stable build, though.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TjyvTompa posted:

I have the same problem. I just updated Chrome and it appeared. Chrome: 5.0.356.2 dev

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I'm using Chrome dev version and I have this problem too. Had to disable SALR for now. Still hoping for an option to disable that box completely in a future version.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is keyboard navigation coming at all? I really miss it from the firefox version. Thanks for the work ferg :)

stereogeek
Jun 17, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

Just chiming in, saying I have the same problem.

Chrome 5.0.356.2 dev, SALR 0.4.7, Windows 7 x64

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

stereogeek posted:

Just chiming in, saying I have the same problem.

Chrome 5.0.356.2 dev, SALR 0.4.7, Windows 7 x64

Same.

Is there a way to get the menu icon to always be somewhere even if I'm not at the forums? I like to navigate to the forums without having to already be there.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I just got home from my honeymoon today so sorry about the delayed response. I'll try to get out a patched version in the next day or two.

stereogeek
Jun 17, 2008

Ferg posted:

I just got home from my honeymoon today so sorry about the delayed response. I'll try to get out a patched version in the next day or two.

Welcome back, and Congrats! Thank you for your hard work on this awesome extension.

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

Ferg posted:

Oh, congrats! Hope you had a great trip.

Daily Life
Feb 25, 2010

by angerbot

Ferg posted:

Lol. Please don't apologize for going on a honeymoon. Congratulations! Thanks again for your work on the extension.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
Is username notes planned for this version? I used that a lot in the firefox version.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Factor Mystic posted:

Is username notes planned for this version? I used that a lot in the firefox version.

I'm not familiar with that feature. What is it?

Thanks for the congrats everybody. I'm testing out a minor build with a toggled page navigator, and on a whim I tossed in an experimental fix for the ghosting issue. I can't reproduce it, so I'm just speculating on the fix. I'll probably package it up tomorrow.

And to effectively explain why I haven't gotten around to fixing this, here's an obligatory pic of 10am beers on a beach in Honduras with my wife last week :smug::

Changes have been moved up to Github for anybody interested in testing it.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Congratulations from here too!

Would it be possible to add a button that when clicked opens each unread subscribed thread in a new tab? I have some extension made for greasemonkey but it opens each thread in a new window which is much slower.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sad Panda posted:

Congratulations from here too!

Would it be possible to add a button that when clicked opens each unread subscribed thread in a new tab? I have some extension made for greasemonkey but it opens each thread in a new window which is much slower.

If you can get me the greasemonkey code it shouldn't be too hard to port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Perhaps we should consider setting up a UserVoice page.

They tend to be pretty popular and easy to use for tracking feature requests.

(The free plan should be fine; an example of it is available here, for my Skype bot)

• Locked thread