Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Many thanks for the port, Ferg. SALR was the last thing keeping me from full on Chrome use. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Daily Life posted:

Does Chrome auto update extensions?

It should but you can go into your extensions tab, expand advanced developer mode and hit update extensions.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ferg posted:

Have you guys tried the direct link in the OP? This is probably reason enough for me to just stick it up on the official Google repository.

Well poo poo. I did that and it installed 0.3.2 and I don't even have an options page anymore. :(

Edit: The link in your OP points to a github file that was uploaded on 2009-09-28. That might explain something.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 13, 2010

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ferg posted:

That was the file I originally uploaded on Friday (it was apparently hanging around in my project directory, oops). I uploaded the proper one tonight. If kcncuda is grabbing the correct one it's possible Github works off of a content-delivery network that's taking it's sweet time updating.

Good deal. I'll give it a whirl when I'm back at home in a few hours. Thanks for the updates. :)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ferg posted:

Thinking about it now, there's hardly enough settings for anybody to get their panties in a twist if they had to reconfigure them all. Maybe it would be a good idea to just go for it.

Just go for it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ferg posted:

- Add user notes

Pardon my ignorance but what is this? Also, bad rear end release. No issues on the beta channel.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Is there any reason the extension won't update? I saw the update and checked mine, .4.8. I hit update and nothing happens. I ended up having to uninstall it and reinstall from the link in the OP.

Not a huge issue but just wondering if it's common. Running the latest Beta version.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ferg posted:

If you were on 0.4.8 you were way out of date. I made a switch to using Google's hosted extension repository some time back and since that changed the extension's signature it meant everybody had to completely reinstall from there. You should be fine now.

:doh:

Having it explained to me is a good thing sometimes. You'd think after reading this thread front to back it would dawn on me what the problem was.

Many thanks. :)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Casao posted:

So problem with Quick Reply, if a post has been edited, it includes the "So and so hosed around with this message" as regular text.

Mentioned last page.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Could we have an option to turn off the "Bookmark Thread" option in the Quick reply box?

Edit: (meaning, not have it checked by default. I suck at English)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ferg posted:

It's done. I think I'll roll out a minor update tomorrow with some of these changes, mainly to address a number of annoyances that have been cropping up.

The man. You are it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Chiming in to say that this project is still ace. Good work everyone.

:toot:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ferg posted:

Just rolled out 1.1.0:
- Revamped settings page which shows previews of settings
- Uses the forums quote parser to hopefully alleviate all of the quick reply quoting issues
- Lots of other stuff

If there was a bug you reported that didn't get fixed, report it on salr.uservoice.com.

Also, live preview for quick reply is pretty much done but I turned off the option in this release until I feel motivated enough to fix some annoying issues with it.

All of you guys working on this are awesome as gently caress.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Thanks for adding in the Quick Edit. Unfortunately it suffers from the same problem the firefox extension had for a while where if you edit a post in a subscribed thread, it'll unsubscribe you from the thread.

Is that what that is?! Jesus gently caress me sideways I thought I was going insane.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ferg posted:

Could do one better and just set the tab index for those buttons so that it comes after the entry form. No need to move anything around.

Edit: Fixed

I was just about to ask for exactly this. Thanks a million. :)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Boris the Blade posted:

What is this from? It's hilarious.

A quick Google search leads me to believe it's from an episode of Cake Boss.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdDTUzmf1rU At the 1:30 mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Might want to put that in writing somewhere within the extension options in case there are people who don't keep up with this thread.

• Locked thread