Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Any way to enable thread highlighting without having to enable thread tracking in the forum options? It's a little spergy but I don't like seeing the threads in blue as it's loading, then suddenly switching to green. Same reason I don't use the SALR 'jump to last post' and 'mark as unread' buttons..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

I seem to have this problem where clicking an image in a thread first shrinks it, then clicking it again makes it disappear completely. I understand that the 'restrict image size' is supposed to keep images from breaking tables, but is making it vanish completely intended?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Ferg?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

I seem to have this problem where clicking an image in a thread first shrinks it, then clicking it again makes it disappear completely. I understand that the 'restrict image size' is supposed to keep images from breaking tables, but is making it vanish completely intended?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Ferg posted:

Link a sample post, I'll take a look when I can.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3341748&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9

Second post. The original image is a table breaker. Clicking it once reduces the size, clicking it again makes it disappear o.o

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

When using the embedded youtube video feature, showing two youtube videos on the same forum page automatically converts the first link I reveal to the second revealed link.

is this a known bug?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Anyone know what the default thread highlight colours are for the Firefox version of SALR? For some reason Firefox and Chrome SALR have different highlight colour values and I've always preferred FF's more matte look to Chrome's neon

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Ferg posted:

When I first built the extension I tried replicating the same colors and for whatever reason Chrome refused to display them. If you find them I'd be interested to know if they work for you. Try using Firebug to inspect the DOM with the Firefox extension running, that should show you the color hex.

It's worked fine for me ever since I started using Chrome with SALR.. Anyway I installed FF just to get the values

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Ferg, is it possible to integrate an option to disable SALR in certain forums? Thread highlighting makes the YOSPOS completely unreadable, so I'm forced to either disable SALR or adblock 219.css.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Honestly the only reason I use SALR is for the thread highlighting to distinguish between previously opened threads with unread posts and threads that have been read.. It'd be awesome if the colours got fixed soon :)

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Any word on the thread list highlighting issue? Seems like the SALR colouring has a transparency so it's showing the default blue under it

e: Nevermind, just enabled it again and it seems to be working fine now :confused:

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I don't know, but I can't stop noticing that your post dates bump up right against the edge of the div, while mine have a ~10px margin on the right.

edit: oh it's because mine is set to 24h format. So much for that theory.

edit2: it's happening because 700px is where the buttons under the post are forced to wrap to a new line, only mine don't wrap. The ones that would wrap just disappear and that empty bar appears instead. This happens even with SALR disabled.

Lmao, after reading your explanation I just disabled all the SALR additional buttons under the avatar to the same number as sans-SALR, for me this meant disabling the 'display as single post' button, and the problem disappeared

• Locked thread