Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Post highlighting (OP, you, mods, friends, admins, etc) seems to not be working after I updated...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferg posted:

Check your settings. Since the extension key changed your browser thinks it's a different extension.

Hm. Well, it highlighted my text when you quoted me, but not my own post. I put my username in the settings and checked the boxes, but it doesn't seem to be all there. Lemme tinker.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferg posted:

Check your settings. Since the extension key changed your browser thinks it's a different extension.

I've checked everything I think I can, and it's still not working. Quotes work, but post highlighting doesn't... :(

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Edmond Dantes posted:

I just installed Chrome and the extension today, and I can't get the grenade icon on the omnibar to appear nor the page navigators at the bottom. Using Windows XP SP3 if that counts for anything.

You've tinkered with the extensions options? (Wrench on the right of the screen --> Extensions --> Options (in line with SALR extension))

Incidentally, this is what I see with post highlighting enabled:

It worked perfectly before the update, now it doesn't. Settings are the same, and my name (Teddybear) is in the options menu.

Teddybear fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 6, 2010

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Am I just weird? Nobody else had problems with highlighting when they updated?

Maybe I'm cursed :(

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferg posted:

Shot in the dark, but did you uninstall the old extension before switching to the Google-hosted version? What about uninstalling whichever one you have now and reinstalling it? Note I'm talking about the extension, not the browser. That would be stupid overkill.

I uninstalled the old one when I installed the new one, and I just uninstalled and reinstalled from the google link. Same thing. :(

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferg posted:

Teddybear, for your issue try these steps:

1. Right click the omnibar icon and select "Manage extensions"
2. Click on "Developer mode" in the top right corner if it's not already expanded
3. Under the SALR extension, you should see a section for "Inspect Active Views". Click the salr-chrome.html link.
4. When the inspect window pops up, press Esc to make the javascript console appear.
5. In the console, type: localStorage.setItem('highlight-self', 'true')
6. Refresh a forums thread page with your own posts and see if they're highlighting.

If that step works, you can repeat it with the other keys:

highlight-moderator-admin
highlight-original-poster
highlight-friends

I've done that, and it hasn't worked. Local storage shows that highlight-self and highlight-moderator-admin/original-poster/friends are all set to "true," but none of them seem to be working. I don't know much about javascript code, but it doesn't seem like the script is calling these settings anywhere.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferg posted:

Could you list all of the settings you have enabled? Maybe you've got some whacky configuration that's making these settings trip up.

Own post, friend post, OP post, mod/admin post highlighting on.

Configure SALR in forum header, Don't use Jump Buttons, Page Navigator on.

Restrict size of images on.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It updated, and now I don't have "ban history" under everyone's names. Version 5 right?

It also got rid of all my settings, too.

I think your extension hates me. :sigh:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

5.0.375.38 beta on Windows 7.

Teddybear fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 13, 2010

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Wait, how is everyone on 5.0.398? I just uninstalled and reinstalled, and it's still 5.0.375.38 beta.

EDIT: I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and the extension. I don't know what else to do. :(

Teddybear fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 13, 2010

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Manky posted:

There's the beta version and there's also a dev version. You can download it here if you want to.

I've upped to the dev channel. Still nothing, though :(

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I figured it out!

Apparently, enabling "Highlight my buddies" when you didn't have anyone in the buddy list causes the entire thing to gently caress itself in a big pile of trainwreck. I added a couple people, and now everything works! Yay!

:D

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferg posted:

Alright, fixed in hotfix v0.5.2.

Thanks for identifying the bug, Teddybear. Good chance this fixes a number of other oddball issues people may have been seeing.

I helped, kinda :3:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ferg posted:

Just bumping a little here. After the holiday season I'll have a number of projects off of my plate and I promise there will be some movement on SALR. Been very busy lately with a new job that started back in May, along with side projects that I needed to get off my queue.

Hey, no worries; the extension works so smoothly and seamlessly that I forget that a lot of the things it does aren't standard. I pulled up the forums in the steam in-game overlay today and was puzzled why posts weren't highlighted and everything wasn't shiny before I remembered that's your doing. :)

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Captain Capacitor posted:

Just testing something

Edit: drat. I suppose it makes sense that SA doesn't support color tags.

Yeah, it's disabled for everything but avatars. And mods/admins, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Master_Odin posted:

2.1.0 release. Several new features. Ability to go local with user notes (how it was previously done) for people that have issues with it. You can check what user notes are on sync and what are local by going to the bottom of the settings dump. Currently going from sync to local (or vice versa) completely overrides all notes for local (and sync resp.).

The highlighting will only work on threads you post in going forward, right? Or at least, that's how it's lookin' now.

• Locked thread