Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I'm trying Chrome out... what's the status of Quick Reply? I use it TONS as a mod.

Also, is there any Mouse Gesture thread navigation in development?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Here's question for you:

When jumping to the "Last Unread Post," is there any way for the browser to reposition itself back to the post after the images on the page load?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Well heck. Thanks.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Instead of colorizing entire posts (for Mods and Admins, thread OPs, etc.), could username colorization be implemented instead?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The username highlighting looks nice, thanks. Is there any way that could be extended out to the forum list (i.e., the "Thread Started By..." column)?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Oh, I could abuse that :devil:

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The quick reply is great.

Any chance it could be set to pop up with a keystroke (like pressing 'R' in the Firefox extension)?

Other suggestion: the could the Submit button be the first item when you hit the Tab key, like in the traditional reply screen?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The mouse gestures are great, but is there any way to implement them without overriding the standard right-click menu? For example, with mouse gestures turned on, you can't right-click-save-as on an image in the forums.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I'm running 1.1.1, and I don't have the image-upload button on my quick-reply box.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Also, is there any way that the QR buttons could be rearranged a little bit? When I'm typing out a reply in the normal reply screen, it's so easy (especially on a laptop or netbook) to simply press TAB then SPACE, and the 'Submit' button gets pressed, uploading the post.

If the QR buttons were like this, you wouldn't have to jump to your mouse to reply:

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Ferg posted:

Could do one better and just set the tab index for those buttons so that it comes after the entry form. No need to move anything around.

That would be perfect. I probably browse the forums the most on my Netbook, and doing everything from the keyboard makes life so much easier.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I know that 'R' opens it up, but is there a keyboard shortcut to close the Quick Reply window? If not, could we tie ESC to do that?

Also, bug report: If the QR is enabled, the mod button to edit thread titles/tags won't respond.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 13, 2010

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Is this enough for you to use?

Edited out, thanks.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 13, 2010

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
This is a test of the Tab enhancements. Will it work?

Edit: Yes! Thanks, man.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Reported a bug relating to the mark-as-unread threadlisting button.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Ferg posted:

Just pushed a v1.5.0 update that fixes the quick nav and the "open updated threads" button.

I'm not entirely sure about this bug Aatrek: https://github.com/scottferg/salr-chrome/issues/44

As far as I can tell, it works for me though it seems kind of clunky and just removes the buttons but the color remains. Maybe I'm getting the use case wrong? I've hit the X on both threads that have unread posts as well as threads that don't have unread posts, both from the User CP and the thread list.

When I hit the red X in this case:

It simply takes me to the first page of the thread, and does not mark the thread as unread.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Dumb question, but do the updates you're 'pushing out' automatically update my local install of SALR, or do I have to go update something?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The inline unread post count is displaying on the right side now, which makes it look pretty cramped - could it be moved back to the left of the buttons ?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I like my buttons :(

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

LastInLine posted:

The new 219.css completely breaks the quick reply box now. The submit buttons are below the screen area.

Just TAB -> SPACE like a power user :colbert:

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
My keyboard navigation isn't working.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Here you go: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=VmMA3Cx8

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Master_Odin posted:

Using your settings, and my keyboard navigation remains unaffected. Can you try step 2 (report the error message). If that doesn't work, can you tell me what particular keys don't work, as well as if you were doing anything special at the time (opened quick-reply box and closed it, then keyboard shortcuts didn't work, etc.)

I'm not getting an error message - where would I see it? Any keys with navigation components don't do anything: 'r' doesn't bring up the reply window; 'e' doesn't bring up an Edit window; 'Esc' doesn't get me out of the Quick Reply, etc.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
FYI, the current version of SALR kills the "Edit" button for mods (meaning I can't edit thread titles or tags). I've confirmed that I'm not the only mod affected.

I just get an un-clickable button that just give me this on mouseover:
code:
javascript:void(0);

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
These buttons are at the top of each thread (next to where everybody else sees just "Post" and "Reply"); they're the mod-only thread control buttons - nothing to do with individual posts.

They all work fine, save for "Edit" - nothing at all happens when I click on the button, it's like clicking on an image.

Additionally - and I just kind of figured this out - the QR window is pretty flakey, in that it only works in threads open in forums I don't mod (that is, all non-TVIV threads).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
There should be no QR box for that, it needs to take me to its edit page.

I'm out-of-town until next weekend, I'll PM you the code when I get home.

• Locked thread