Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

I moved to Philly on the first of October. Shortly afterwards, I met her. I'll call her Kate. Being the idiot I am, I fell for her, hard and fast. She seemed to like me a lot too, until she basically accidentally revealed she had a boyfriend. Well, a fiance actually. She was, however, trying to hide this fact.

So last Tuesday, Kate tells me she has something to show me. I take the train to see her, and she drives me to the park, where she kisses me and tells me she loves me. Later that night, she says she has no idea what to do, she can't just leave her fiance, but she wants to be with me. We ultimately agree on a secret relationship, which I told her felt dishonest to me, so she promised me she'd break up with him when she had the courage. The guy, by the way, was an rear end in a top hat. He controlled her to the point of not letting her have *any* friends at all, out of jealousy. She also told me that I'm the 8th person that she's cheated on him with.

Around this time, I met her best friend. She basically said that the guy's an rear end in a top hat, and she'll help me however possible to get with Kate. Her friend sounded like a pretty cool person.

Now, last tuesday, in a very symbolic act, I decided to toss a full pack of cigarettes in the woods, with Kate watching. I promised that I'd quit smoking, since I smoked out of loneliness. Now, at this point, I'm a pack a day smoker. I've tried quitting cold turkey, and it just doesn't work. So I took my cousin's advice, and started smoking less and less each day. This wasn't good enough for her. When she smelled the smoke on my hands, she called me a dirty liar. She then proceeds to use this as a pretense to start avoiding me. She says she'll start talking to me again if I can prove I'm not a liar. Which is pretty hard when she won't talk to me in the first place.

Every day, I'd meet her at the train station before school. After ignoring me all weekend, she blows me off in the morning. I manage to catch her after school, and ask her why she's ignoring me. That's when she lied and said she wasn't. Minutes later, she said "okay fine, I am ignoring you, because you're a liar". This pisses me off, and I walk away. Seething with anger and rage, I get a text from her telling me that her best friend told Kate that she was going to help me get her to break up with her fiance, but now she changed her mind. Kate then says that she'd never break up with him, breaking the promise she made to me before. Out of anger, I sent her fiance a message on facebook, exposing her for the cheating bitch she was. Now, I did this to prove I'm not a liar. I don't like dishonest relationships, and if she wanted proof that I'll tell the truth, I decided to dispel the biggest lie of all.

She didn't find out until today, when she caught me smoking after class. She texts me calling me a liar again, and I simply say that she's a liar too, since she'd been lying to her fiance this whole time. That's when I text her back telling her that I told her fiance. She calls me, emotionless, and tells me to meet her this afternoon.

Expecting to be stabbed, I brought along a pocket knife, waiting for her. I saw her at a crosswalk, where she told me that he's breaking up with her, and that I'm a scumbag. Nevermind that she's the cheater and the liar, I'm the scumbag here. She then says I just lost the best thing that ever happened to me. While yeah, it was the first time I felt happy in the last year, being with her just taught me that I can still find love. Oh, and dishonesty sucks.

So I ask you, goons, was exposing her as a cheater a dick move? I mean, she was in love with me and all, but helping her cheat felt dishonest and slimy. That and, much as the guy was an rear end in a top hat, I've been cheated on before, and I thought he deserved to know what she did behind his back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackRider
Dec 28, 2004

How loving old are you guys?

Veor
May 10, 2003

You brought a pocket knife?

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen

While I don't think exposing a cheater is a dick move, I do think your reason for doing so was.

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

BlackRider posted:

How loving old are you guys?

I'm 18, she's 21.

Veor posted:

She's loving crazy, she could've done basically anything, especially since she originally wanted to meet me in a secluded place.

Efexeye
Jan 25, 2007

did you tell her that you're transgendered?

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

Why would you go meet her if you thought you were gonna get stabbed?

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

It's good that the fiance knows so he can move on with his life. You're a passive-agressive dick though. If you thought her cheating was so bad on its own merits, you wouldn't have tried to get involved with her in the first place.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

The Blue Pyramid posted:

She also told me that I'm the 8th person that she's cheated on him with.
That's the point where I would have cut and run.

Even though her fiance is probably better off without her, what you did was douchey. You should not have been the one to break the news to him.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

She quite literally asked for it. I might have done the same thing.

Have any of you been cheated on before? I sure as poo poo have, and I would have been god drat happy to hear about it from a complete stranger sooner rather than catching her in the act later. Could have dodged an STI bullet as well.

This chick obviously had no intention of coming clean at all based on her track record, so how is what the OP did a douche move in the least? He threw the guy a bone in light of this girls self-absorbed and hypocritical behavior.

treat fucked around with this message at Oct 13, 2009 around 20:52

LuckyDaemon
Jan 14, 2006

Lower your standards.
This means dating fat girls because you can't do better.

The Blue Pyramid posted:

I mean, she was in love with me and all, but helping her cheat felt dishonest and slimy. That and, much as the guy was an rear end in a top hat, I've been cheated on before, and I thought he deserved to know what she did behind his back.

No it didn't feel dishonest and slimy. You just wanted to do something after she didn't want to see you anymore.

Petty jealousy and wounded ego, not some noble drive to do the right thing.

Llama Patrol
Mar 11, 2007

I don't think it's so bad that you told the guy, but stop patting yourself on the back about it, like you did it because you're such a great honest guy or something. That's the most dishonest thing about this whole thing.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

I ain't got time to bleed.

Veor posted:

She sounds entirely crazy (Even if he went back to smoking, avoiding him and screaming "LIAR! LIAR!" in a manner I can only picture in a "WITCH, WITCH!" voice), the OP sounds entirely like an rear end in a top hat and everyone got exactly what they deserved: To loose.

Except the fiance. After being cheated on 8 times, he deserved to find out and dump the whore - and make no mistake, that term applies in this case.

You know something kind of amusing I've noticed is at least 75% of the time it seems like the "rear end in a top hat controlling boyfriend/fiance/whatever" is controlling because deep down, he knows she's cheating / going to cheat anyway, and just tries to do damage control rather than power tripping. It never works.

Llama Patrol posted:

I don't think it's so bad that you told the guy, but stop patting yourself on the back about it, like you did it because you're such a great honest guy or something. That's the most dishonest thing about this whole thing.

The second he realized she wasn't going to dump her boyfriend and kept hitting it anyway, he became 100% as much involved in it as her.

decahedron
Aug 8, 2005

by Ozma

Are you fat and retarded, or just retarded?

Strangers Vice
Mar 18, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

You should not have been the one to break the news to him.
Who honestly cares who it comes from. It's going to hurt no mater who its from. might as well get it over sooner rather then later.

Lord Julius III
Jan 1, 2007

A gentleman amongst savages

I think telling her fiance about your affair to prove to her that you are not a liar is loving hilarious and I applaud you sir.

Pablo Gigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bienvenido a la semana laboral

You're both insane/terrible people

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

treat posted:

This chick obviously had no intention of coming clean at all based on her track record, so how is what the OP did a douche move in the least? He threw the guy a bone in light of this girls self-absorbed and hypocritical behavior.
He didn't do it to help the guy. He did it to hurt the girl, which is what makes it douchey.

Nether Postlude
Aug 17, 2009

His mind will keep
reverting to the last
biscuit on the plate.

You don't have the self-esteem to date a girl who doesn't have a boyfriend. You knowingly stay with someone who has a fiance.

Yeah the girl has cheating issues. You, however, have plenty of issues that need evaluating too. This thread has proven that.

Also, very passive-aggressive on contacting the boyfriend. You did that solely out of revenge on her, not to try to help out anyone in the situation.

What were you planning to do with the pocket knife? What did you think she was going to do to you? Physically overpower you? If she was going to harm you, she probably would have done it with something like a gun. Once again, your knife would have been a poor choice.

Edit: A pocket knife just reminds me of Crocodile Dundee. "That's not a noife."

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

The Blue Pyramid posted:

Expecting to be stabbed, I brought along a pocket knife, waiting for her. I saw her at a crosswalk, where she told me that he's breaking up with her, and that I'm a scumbag.

What would you do if she had a gun and shot you in the face? You obviously should have met her in a ancient Chinese dojo or something where they pat you down for guns first. If anything went down there, you could pull up your naginata training or something and have the advantage.

I'm shocked you made it out alive, my friend. Talk about story of the year.

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit

Since you and the girl both act like 12 year olds who are also insane, you did do the fiance a favor by giving him a chance to break up with her. I can't say that really impresses me much though.

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.

The Blue Pyramid posted:

While yeah, it was the first time I felt happy in the last year, being with her just taught me that I can still find love.
Sorry to break it to you but it doesn't sound like it was love.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

EVEN IN DEATH I STILL SWERVE

It's good that the fiance got a heads-up, no matter how douchey the crazy bitch and vindictive rear end in a top hat OP say he is. There are no good people in this story. Except maybe the friend?

edit: no, there's no light in this one.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

Brillig posted:

Since you and the girl both act like 12 year olds who are also insane, you did do the fiance a favor by giving him a chance to break up with her. I can't say that really impresses me much though.

If your girl is loving 8 other guys while you are waiting to get married and you don't know about it, you are either dumb as gently caress or she is a shape shifter.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

He didn't do it to help the guy. He did it to hurt the girl, which is what makes it douchey.

Oh poo poo, I had no idea Mother Theresa was in this thread. Lets hear of your latest well intended and kindhearted exploits.

Strangers Vice
Mar 18, 2009

Pharmaskittle posted:

...Except maybe the friend?...

The friend was an enabling rear end in a top hat.

The reason why I really like this story is that the two other assholes end up in misery.

tolerabletariff
Jul 3, 2009

Do you think I'm spooky?

Was it a dick move? Yes.
Would a more mature human being have walked away? Yes.
Was it the right thing to do? Probably not.
You sound surprised that she called you a scumbag.

But sometimes revenge is sweet, and I probably would have done exactly the same thing. Hopefully you got some cold satisfaction out of it, I know I would have.

My critique:

1) Don't bring a weapon. You're a guy. Even if she has a knife, you're still doing to be able to fight her off, disarm her, or run away. It's just how males and females are built.

2) You promised her you were going to quit cold turkey. You should have followed through on it. It's not that hard. Show some self-restraint.

3) Speaking of self-restraint, was hooking up with an engaged girl who's cheated on her fiance eight times a good idea?

The bottom line is that you're not the victim here, and you didn't contact her boyfriend out of a good-hearted desire to help him catch his fiance cheating. You're selfish and motivated by your own self-interest and desire to hurt someone.

I'm not saying that lashing out was totally uncalled for, but don't be pretentious about it.

Mr.Showtime
Oct 22, 2006
I'm not going to say that

Look at what you wrote and tell me you're not worthless.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009

Oh this is awesome. Lets make a time line here.

Oct 1st - Moves to Philly
Oct 2nd to 3rd - Met some chick, fell romantically in love
Oct 4th to 5th - Got kissed sometime in a park was told she loved him
Oct 6th - Dashingly tossed a pack of cigarettes
Oct 7th to 11th - Ignored, called a liar, narks to the fiance
Oct 12th - SA post

lol, you need help guy.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
Exchanging glaaances..

You sound like you're 18.

Yes, she's crazy for calling you a liar for not quitting cold turkey. Yes, it's fair to say to her, "You huge loving hypocrite, you're lying to your fiancee!". Yes, it was a dick move insomuch as you only did it to get revenge on her and didn't give a poo poo about the dude.

Look, infatuation and lust over a 15 day period is not love. There's no such thing as love at first sight, at all. There's lust at first sight that can maybe turn into love later, but absolutely no such thing as love at first sigh.

Ultimately, though, she was playing with fire by cheating with so many guys, and she got what was coming to her.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet

This is one of the worst threads I've read on E/N. What the gently caress is wrong with the two of you?

codewarrior
Jan 6, 2003

Haha, this is a great thread. The OP is a jerk and fucks up the life of another jerk and a dramatic and silly way, then posts and tells us all about it.

Your situation is mostly unremarkable but kind of funny, thanks for this thread. Better luck with your dumb decisions next time.

slutpixie
Apr 12, 2007
hot like 80s love

Never carry a loving knife you god drat moron. Never. If you're worried about someone attacking you don't loving show up. You need to grow up.

Also seconding everyone in the thread who said you told the boyfriend out of spite so you get no kudos for that one. If you were so concerned you would have dropped the dude a message before loving her.

Gnack
Apr 5, 2007

woof.

Do you think maybe the boyfriend was acting like a jerk because SHE CHEATED ON HIM EIGHT TIMES? Even if he didn't know she was cheating, it's usually a pretty obvious loss of intimacy when someone starts cheating so I'm sure he was pretty bothered by the whole relationship.

Also, if he was so controlling how did she manage to cheat on him with eight other people in the first place? You sound like a liar OP. You are a liar. A dirty, filthy liar.

jingo
Jul 11, 2002

The Blue Pyramid posted:

Now, I did this to prove I'm not a liar. I don't like dishonest relationships, and if she wanted proof that I'll tell the truth, I decided to dispel the biggest lie of all.

No you didn't, you did it as a petty act of revenge to hurt someone when you didn't get what you wanted. You're just lying to yourself, and not even doing a very good job of it.

You should definitely smoke out of loneliness more while throwing packs of cigarettes into the woods, that sounds really cool.

Homers BBBq
Mar 11, 2008

This thread is awesome. My favorite part is where you agree to a secret relationship. During this, she is most likely keeping up 99% of the normal relationship stuff with the other guy. So even though she is cheating with you, you are getting cheated on too, right in front of you, and you AGREE to go along with it.

The fact that you pick cheaters (both this girl and admitting you've been cheated on before) suggests one of 2 things. Either you have issues with your parents that need to be looked into, or you are too immature to learn anything from past relationships. If the answer is number 2, stop posting for at least 6 years and try to learn something from your experiences.

On second thought, that was hilarious. PLEASE come back and irrationally try to defend yourself.

Gnack
Apr 5, 2007

woof.

Homers BBBq posted:

This thread is awesome. My favorite part is...

Lets share our favourite parts of this epic tale. My favourite part was when he admitted to banging someone elses girlfriend in an effort to prove he isn't a liar. I mean, doesn't that actually prove the opposite?

slutpixie
Apr 12, 2007
hot like 80s love

Am pretty sure what it proves is that he's funcitonally retarded.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

The Blue Pyramid, where are you? Can you talk to us a little more about this? Maybe answer some of our questions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009

I don't understand why no one else is laughing at the fact that this whole affair lasted less than two weeks.

«4 »