Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Whaaat?? I catch up on this thread after two months, and this is how I find out David Bowie is dead? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
We'll never ask about Judy again.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Lord Krangdar posted:

Also David Bowie cameo please.

You asked for too much and you killed him, you fucker. YOU FUCKER!!!!

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Do we know for certain that they didn't already film a scene with Bowie? It'd be a neat surprise if he filmed that first, and would be in keeping with Bowie's putting his affairs in order.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

That sums up my feelings pretty well.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Skyscraper posted:

Do we know for certain that they didn't already film a scene with Bowie? It'd be a neat surprise if he filmed that first, and would be in keeping with Bowie's putting his affairs in order.

Pretty sure they haven't even begun filming yet.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
They started shooting in September.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Are we going to need someone pasting The Facts Of This Series at the start of every page?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

grilldos posted:

Are we going to need someone pasting The Facts Of This Series at the start of every page?

Just put it all in the OP, and mock people relentlessly if they fail to read it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Problematic Pigeon posted:

Then why is the show coming out in 2017?

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Then why is the show coming out in 2017?

Short answer: Becasuse it's David Lynch.

Longer answer: They're halfway done filming and shooting off a single, very long script, like it is a movie, and they don't even know how many episodes it'll be until they start editing, which they probably won't do until they are done shooting because Lynch is busy directing everything and he will likely want to be deeply involved in post production, as he usually is in his projects. So maybe they're done shooting after April, then a long post production process to edit it done to like 12 or 18 hours, plus Lynch being a perfectionist, especially with the sound design and any visual effects, and finally Showtime needs to figure out when they can fit it into their schedule and start up the marketing train, which will probably include airing the first two seasons in the months leading up to the premiere, and the soonest that can fit into the calendar will be somewhere in the first half of 2017.

Unlike most shows, Lynch seems to want it totally done, or near enough, by the time the show premieres, unlike other shows which will still be in production, editing or even shooting, when the first episode airs.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
Last show that did that was True Detective for Season 1, and it really paid off. You could really tell the difference with Season 2 having different directors and less lead-up time for tightening the writing.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
See also: the first 13 episodes of 24, the furthest ahead they ever wrote and planned

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Problematic Pigeon posted:

They not only started shooting in September, but I could swear we've seen stories about the film crews on location some pages back in this thread.

Edit: Yeah, Twin Peaks Archive has been following the film crew around, and dropped the name of a plot-related storefront.

Skyscraper fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 13, 2016

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Add Naomi Watts to the cast. This is going to be amazing, right?

Right??

Oh God please be right.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

el oso posted:

Add Naomi Watts to the cast. This is going to be amazing, right?

Right??

Oh God please be right.

It should be. It's David Lynch. Whether it's good or bad it will be amazing and ridiculous.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
I'll see you again in 25 years.

[url=]http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=62824[/url]

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Looks like Ashley Judd is on board now. This is shaping up to be a who's who of great actresses...

... and Tom Sizemore.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

This beauty is coming out in October. Its a nice way too bridge the gap between the seasons without alienating any new viewers. I personally hope, and believe, that S3 will be very different from its predecessors.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

crowoutofcontext posted:

This beauty is coming out in October. Its a nice way too bridge the gap between the seasons without alienating any new viewers. I personally hope, and believe, that S3 will be very different from its predecessors.

Told my wife that book is all I want for Christmas. I just want to know if Pete died in the bank, and what Major Briggs did before his death.

egon_beeblebrox fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 16, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I was on the veranda of a vast estate...

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Just finished the series for the first time. I skimmed a lot of season 2. The show really seemed to suffer the farther it got away from the "bob" story line and then picked back up once they headed back that direction for the finale.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5k2m9EOJVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ziHeJfibGc

totempoleman
Jan 20, 2005

Make a jazz note here.
Holy poo poo...

https://www.facebook.com/TwinPeaksTV/photos/a.314063775291274.81638.168042789893374/1142642569100053/?type=3&fref=nf&pnref=story

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

No Michael J. Anderson and no Donna Hayward

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

https://www.facebook.com/TwinPeaksTV/photos/a.314063775291274.81638.168042789893374/1142642569100053/?type=3&permPage=1

The full cast list just got released and it is LONG.

Some amusing choices: Trent Reznor, Michael Cera,

Some choices that ensure spectacular: Laura Dern, Harry Dean Stanton who was the trailer park landlord in FWWM

...Harry Truman character most probably recasted, guess is Robert Forster

...Log Lady was able to film some scenes.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What the hell is Eddie Vedder doing there?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

bobkatt013 posted:

No Michael J. Anderson and no Donna Hayward

What else is Lara Flynn Boyle doing these days, anyway?

EDIT: vvv I didn't even notice Ernie Hudson's name on there, gently caress yeah! :black101:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 25, 2016

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

David Koechner and Brett Gelman are interesting choices. And Ernie Hudson is always awesome. I'm way more pumped now.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

Are the previous denizens of the Red Room / Black Lodge universe on there? Its hard finding their actor names since most of them weren't named in the series. I know a couple are dead by now, of course.

I feel like some of the seemingly out-of-place choices are going to be for the soap opera parody they were always watching, Invitation to Love.

EDIT- Sharon Van Etten almost looks like she could be Maddie grown-up.

Lord Krangdar fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 25, 2016

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
There's a UFC fighter in there too, Michael Bisping.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Basebf555 posted:

There's a UFC fighter in there too, Michael Bisping.

Bisping's messed up eye endlessly whirling overlaid with Laura Palmer screaming.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Lord Krangdar posted:

Are the previous denizens of the Red Room / Black Lodge universe on there? Its hard finding their actor names since most of them weren't named in the series. I know a couple are dead by now, of course.

Carlton Lee Russell played this horrifying thing from Fire Walk With Me:

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

crowoutofcontext posted:

Carlton Lee Russell played this horrifying thing from Fire Walk With Me:

Really? I always assumed that was the Lynch-looking creamed corn kid in a mask. Thanks for the info.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

quote:

David Duchovny
YES
:dance:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Donna died and her part is going to taken by her cousin Gersten

hockeyfrog
Jun 11, 2008

crowoutofcontext posted:

Some amusing choices: Trent Reznor

I guess I didn't find this so surprising, considering Reznor helped out with the Lost Highway soundtrack, and Lynch directed his video for "Came Back Haunted". My thought though becomes "what is Reznor's wife going to be doing in this?"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Causing embarrassment, most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Funny to see Josh Fadem in there, since he's already worked with Ray Wise before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi_0OOQY2t8

• Locked thread