Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm somewhat worried it will be bad but even bad Lynch is still entertaining and will try unconventional things. I don't know whether to be more excited about this or Curb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm pumped and have pretty high expectations. I think especially because he wrote it with Mark, it'll be somewhat dependable. I'm sure it'll be out there though. If he was winging it without a script like Inland Empire, then I might be worried a bit.

My concern is more whether or not the actors still have it. I'm sure Lynch and Frost can write something decent, but you still gotta get the performances.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I hope Lynch does something new with Twin Peaks and just leaves old questions completely unanswered.

Yeah Coop is okay now and no you don't get to figure out why.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Sure, and there's absolutely no way everyone's satisfied no matter what Lynch does. "Don't even try" seems like a lazy idea though.

Let me put it this way: I'd rather he make something good even if he ignores old continuity elements in favor of bringing in something new.

What I don't want to see is fan service crap where we need follow ups on every minute thing that happened in the old series. But Lynch always tends to go his own way, so I'm not too worried that will happen.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

multijoe posted:

There's fanservice continuity wank and then there's the insane cliffhanger where the protagonist has his soul taken by the primary antagonist and is possessed by him. If Lynch didn't go somewhere with that I'd question why he agreed to revive Twin Peaks.

I'm honestly not sure he has to directly reference it either way. In fact it might be better if he didn't because the audience will be wondering the whole time if Coop is still himself and you know Lynch will love to troll with that.

Jordan7hm posted:

Why bother making twin peaks season 3 if it isn't a follow up to twin peaks season 2? Anyway that's probably not a concern given the cast.

I just don't want him boxed in by previous threads. And knowing Lynch, he won't be. He'll pick up the ones he likes and drop the others and in general leave people wondering what the gently caress which is why he owns.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

LostRook posted:

I mean in terms of foreshadowing: there's him smearing blood over her portrait, Coop snapping his fingers after he wakes up from his waiting room dream just as Leland had been earlier and Leland humping Laura's coffin.

Doesn't his hair turn white before then too? And there's the weird crazy dancing/singing he does. I guess those are only obvious bad signs in retrospect but even when they happen they feel bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Raxivace posted:

Sheryl Lee is like half the reason FWWM works at all.

Yeah she's great in it. I can't understand watching that movie and coming away thinking otherwise.

• Locked thread