Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:
I really liked the movie, but I think watching it immediately after the show made it better than it would have been a year later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

Bewildrbeast posted:

Squinting at my phone and holding it close to my face due to poor vision sure as hell made that Bob photo effective :stare:

The Louie thread in TVIV has been going off about David Lynch and Twin Peaks as well the past few pages. It's interesting to see praise for "Fire Walk With Me" when it seems the consensus in the other thread is that it's simply an ugly, unwarranted film (a view I agree with).

I like it, but I watched it the day after I finished the show with no buildup or expectations.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

While its not Twin Peaks, Fringe makes a lot of references to the show. It's streaming right now on Netflix. (The Twin Peaks thread lead me to Lost. The Lost thread lead me to Fringe. I love all three.)

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

You might have finally pushed me to watch Fringe, which is also streaming on Amazon Prime. I hear getting through the first season is a chore, which is why I've been dreading it. Was Twin Peaks just an influence, or are the references more overt?

I got into LOST before Twin Peaks, but loved both (despite both being uneven). When they were at their best, they were spot-on perfect.

A character references a character from Twin Peaks as if he's part of the Fringe universe, an episode takes place in a very Twin Peaksy town, and I can think of at least one small role for a Twin Peaks character. I heard that the first season of Fringe sucked, but I really liked it. It gives you a chance to get to know the characters (who are all pretty damned likeable from the getgo (especially Walter) while getting to the show's overall plot pretty quickly.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

Was Coop really in the movie so little? It seems like he was in at least half or so of it. The music in the club loving owns.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

Deakul posted:

A revival in what way, I wonder?
It's been WAY too long to just return to Twin Peaks with the same actors.

A reboot? I... I'm not sure if I want that or not but... I can't really say no, the show would stand a much better chance with today's audiences than it did 18 years ago.

I think Coop was supposed to get his chance to escape in 25 years. I think David Lynch could do a lot with the currently alive cast.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

I personally refuse to touch a show thread until I have completed a show or caught up if it is still in progress.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

uXs posted:

She's 73, jeez, give her a break.

Leland doesn't really age. I hope that they see a market for the reedited footage as a stand alone release.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

I thought Signs was just a misstep and that his next movie would be as good as The Sixth Sense or Unbreakable. Nope.

It seems like I've heard that he's a talented filmmaker that lives in a bubble (ie he doesn't use criticism etc to improve his work).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

The song from the bar in FWWM owns.

• Locked thread