Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
There are some great moments in season 2, and the quality pretty much holds up from season 1 until the killer reveal.

I mean, of course there's some awful poo poo(what season 2 does to Audrey's character is a travesty) but I can't help but get a big dumb grin on my face when Gordon meets Shelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I just want Audrey and Cooper--thereal Cooper--to get coffee and pie together :(

I also want at least one scene of Coop and Harry bro-ing out together again.

Fake Edit: Who is a character that, from the pilot, you thought you were going to hate and ended up liking? Or vice versa?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Of course the 25 years later was a throwaway line but considering the timing of everything it would have been really cool to follow it.

Shows are allowed to take place at a different time from when they're filmed.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

zoux posted:

I just finished the "Who killed Laura" episode and it was stunning. Also the killing scene at the end is one of the most uncomfortable, chilling scenes of violence I've ever seen in any medium, much less one from network TV in 1991.

My question is, do I stop now? I've heard the rest of the series is a disaster, minus an OK finale. I also heard Lynch was more or less done with the series after this episode. Does the finale have any kind of closure to it? I figure I stop now and I leave on some cliffhangers, but if the show got cancelled abruptly, I'm leaving on cliffhangers anyway. I'd rather stop on a good note than watch a whole bunch of trash for completions sake.

I'd say watch them. There are good moments or storylines here and there. If you're not feeling it then just skip to the finale and watch it to be all prepped for the new series.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I thought I'd hate Bobby when I first watched the show, but I ended up really, really liking him. They took the cliche dick boyfriend and subverted it enough or explored it enough to make it interesting. I think it's why I don't like James. His whole archetype is just played beat-for-beat instead of doing anything interesting with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

bobkatt013 posted:

I think it was the actors themselves.

Definitely not ruling that out.

• Locked thread