Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012
It's really sad how bad this show went off. I really think it started losing itself even before the killer was revealed. Something about it just became loose and uncharacteristically lame. I love the earlier parts of this show. It had so much potential.

They really loving ruined it with that insanely poor quality Windham Earle character and all the other things people have complained about. I haven't even sat through the entire series. I started it over again recently because I just love the beginning so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

piss on the Breakfast Club this is what matters

Watch the scene where agent Cooper is describing his dream to Harry, he says that the dream took place 25 years in the future. That's what this line is referring to.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012
I just watched Fire Walk With Me and it was awesome! I put if off because I was afraid it would be crap, but I enjoyed it at least as much as the series, if not more. It's a shame the other three movies were never made, because it answers some really big questions but makes me really curious about other things.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

Well now, I'm not going to talk about Judy. In fact, we're not going to talk about Judy at all. We're going to keep her out of it.

Yup. gently caress David Lynch and horrible French film financiers.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012
Aside from M. Night Shyamalan sucking, this is great! I can't wait to see the deleted footage

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Then later when he meets with Audrey and the others over the poems they barely acknowledge each other. Sherilyn Fenn and McLachlan had great chemistry together though so it's a shame.

I think there was something more going on there. In the documentary on the Deluxe edition of the series (the golden box) Sherilyn Fenn says something that to me sounded like she was saying se didn't like McLachlan as a person, but the character Audrey loved Cooper. It was weird.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

crowoutofcontext posted:

I got "Laura Palmer's Diary" a novelty item written by Lynch's daughter for my girlfriend for Christmas. It's interesting but a bit difficult to take as canon, despite Frost and Lynch's introductions. Why?

- Maddy visits Laura and is introduced to Maddy when they are about 12-13. But in the show Maddy feels the need to formally introduce herself to Donna.

-It describes Bobby fatally shooting that drug-dealer from FWWM. Don't the police get their hands on the secret diary eventually and wouldn't that information lead to a murder investigation??

Why did she write it for your girlfriend? Why!?

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

Lycus posted:

They were joking, though.

I was joking, but don't make him feel bad. We're all tired some days.

I can't WAIT for Twin Peaks to come back and I can't even imagine how they're going to do it but I have nothing but faith that it will be amazing. David Lynch is great.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

Lord Krangdar posted:

If not him, they should get either Trent Reznor

Yuck. That wouldn't fit at all and I hate his music anyway.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012
I'm so glad.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012
That poster is gorgeous

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012
Sue Ellen Mischke? What are you talking about?

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

WOW. I forgot, completely, about that plotline. What was UP with it? I would love a resolution. Her character was super creepy and then just vanished.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

WeAreTheRomans posted:

In years to come you will come to realise this was the red flag you should have run from

Yeah, she obviously has really mistaken ideas about relationships and people.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

She really wasn't.

Yes she was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

If you like boring uninteresting people then sure. Like people have said the interesting stuff is everyone else's perception of her but anything just focussed on her was James-esque in interest level.

She wasn't boring or uninteresting. I'm really not sure how you could think that, viewing the series and seeing all of the different facets of her personality and life.

• Locked thread