Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Jeez, for a second I thought this was about newly discovered Twin Peaks episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That's why during "Fire Walk With Me" you're supposed to say "That's not Donna!" every time characters address her by name. And/or take a shot.

It's funny about the second season. When it was airing, it just seemed interminable: the Laura murder was solved, nothing particularing interesting was going on with the rest of the characters, James runs away, etc. It all was just pointless until Windom Earle came in and gave a proper villain to fight against.

At some point a bit after FWWM, a big group had a marathon of Twin Peaks over a couple of successive Saturday nights, watching the show in order and then ending up with FWWM. And again, the 2nd season just dragged.

After I picked up the complete set, I marathoned the show solo, usually watching after work. And this time the 2nd season didn't seem so bad. There still wasn't a lot going on, but it just didn't seem as annoying as it did originally.

So, uh, I dunno. :)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Automatic Jack posted:

There's COMMENTARY TRACKS on the older DVDs?!!
Yep, on some of the episodes. Plus the Script Notes which never made it past the first pressing.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Automatic Jack posted:

Hmmm.... Now I'm torn. Are they worth eschewing the Gold Box set or is there another way to view them somehow?
I wouldn't go giving away my Gold Box to get them, if that's what you mean. The original set didn't even have the Pilot.

Do you feel lucky?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

By the by, one thing that I noticed once and then could not unnotice was that in a huge number of the outdoor location shots, especially of the diner, there is always that same drat log truck that drives by.

When you see a logging truck in any show or film, take a drink.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ElwoodCuse posted:

Are there any interesting features that don't appear anywhere else? Commentaries or something?

aniero posted:

Pretty sure the gold box the the definitive set.
The original first season box has extra pop-up trivia that wasn't ported over to the newer sets. Only reason I'm keeping mine.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Wow, they seriously gave away the "big mystery" in the trailer lol.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Maybe it's time for a little Counter Esperanto.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jack Gladney posted:

The best thing about that scene is that somebody else plays Donna because Lara Flynn Boyle wouldn't show her boobs and Lynch believed they were too important to cut, so he made them somebody else's.

I've done a few Twin Peaks marathons with friends over the years, and during FWWM every time someone addresses Donna directly we yell "That's not Donna!" :)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Abu Dave posted:

Maybe it's cute small town humor and they're counting all the animals. :unsmith:

The sign also never changes after anyone dies too. :goonsay:

People keep moving in, so they don't have to change it. :D

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

How does audio desync even happen in this day and age? It seems like such a basic thing, and so easily caught in rudimentary testing.

No budget or time set aside for QA.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
And it goes without saying to check out Bohren & der Club of Gore

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Just remember to take a drink when you see a lumber truck. This applies to all tv shows.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I would expect no less.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yes.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Someone was asking earlier about TP disappearing from Canadian Netflix. I saw some big billboard for crave.tv and they have Twin Peaks as one of their launch shows. Could be a victim of some exclusivity contract?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
It's the same thing with Shomi: both are just a streaming extension of an existing cable/satellite tv account.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

InfiniteZero posted:

Yup, and also I remember that it was one of those releases that was delayed for a while coming to Canada. Probably a rights thing or maybe just as simple as forgetting to include "Doubles Pics" on the cover or something(*).

:canada:

(*) note: it really was delayed in Canada, but no, it's not actually called "Doubles Pics" in French.

The original 1st season box was the first DVD I ever bought and the first time I ever shopped on a Boxing Day. I don't think it was delayed but that was a while ago lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jack Gladney posted:

Garmonbozia. Envelope upon envelope full of garmonbozia.

This is clearly the answer.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jsor posted:

No, my real secret identity is that I work for the marketing department of that gum you like.

Cinnamon Trident?! Even better!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Rockin' good news.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
We'll never ask about Judy again.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Out of the blue a friend and fellow OG Twin Peaks fan emailed me to say he'd finished the new book,had I read it etc. I was planning on a rewatch over Christmas break, but figured what the heck and tonight's the night.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"I've heard about you!" 👍😉

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Aw yiss http://www.thewrap.com/showtime-sets-twin-peaks-premiere-date-long-last/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That scene of Leo and Shelley in the FWWM out takes is so bad.

• Locked thread