Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

cemaphonic posted:

And yes, for you youngins, Twin Peaks was huge in 1990, but burned out pretty quickly. Part of the reason for the networks pushing up the murder reveal was that the public mania for all things Twin Peaks disappeared over the season break, and the networks wanted a big event to hype to try to drum up all the early excitement.

Yeah, I remember, over the years I had only caught a couple episodes here and there and now that I've just finished watching S2 E1 on Netflix, it definitely makes more sense (in a David Lynch way) than I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

escape artist posted:

Apparently there is a chain of "breastaurants" -- a Hooters type chain -- that is called Twin Peaks. Obviously, the Twin Peaks referring to breasts. Just read about that today.

They opened one of those here last year, haven't been yet. It is essentially Texas Hooters from what I understand.

I do miss living in Seattle and going out to North Bend and seeing Twin Peaks locations on occasion. :smith:

• Locked thread