Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

What the hell is it with companies continually making bat poo poo mental remotes? WDTV's previous remote was remotely reasonable:

Then WD moved to this:

Is all this crap to support streaming networks crappy UIs? It's clearly possible to create a non-crazy remote:

Many of the buttons don't function half of the time, the eject button is :lol:

I just tried the new iOS remote App and if you press "setup" during a movie it appears you cannot actually return "back" to the playing movie. Nuts.

The colour squares and page buttons appear prominently again. Not even same order as a Sony remote.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Elston Gunn posted:

I'm pretty happy with mine, especially since it only cost $60, but the fact that you can't mark episodes as watched is a big pain in the rear end.

There's a little circle in the icon view after watching a video with the WDTV Live Hub UI.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

All recent encodings seem to no longer work on my WDTVLiveHub. A mix of x265 encodings, something with AC2 audio, and occasional profile oddities with x264. VLC appears to shine through well. WD have stopped releasing firmware so what is the solution these days? Chromecast plays MKVs from OS X but AVIs are getting no joy.

• Locked thread