Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Ugh, I think I'd like the G502 if I gave it a chance, but it feels different than I'm used to. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I'm mostly a claw-gripped if I'm being honest with myself. I have a Logitech G400 and I'm looking for a less ergonomic design. I feel like getting to the side mouse buttons is more work than it should be based on how I grip the mouse. I've been using it for several years and it's holding up just fine, but if there a better mouse out there for me I'd love to hear about it. I plan on taking a trip to Best Buy and trying out a couple in person. My hand is about 17.75 cm from wrist to the index finger, so I guess that would be considered on the smaller end of things?

Typical use case is FPS games where I need to access the side buttons for weapon switching. The G303 looks intriguing, as does the G-Pro whenever that comes out.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The cable on my G600 broke so now I'm in the market for a new mouse. The 602 looks like a good one, but I'm kinda on the fence about wireless so I might get the 502 instead :iiam:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just get a 502

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

KingShiro posted:

The cable on my G600 broke so now I'm in the market for a new mouse. The 602 looks like a good one, but I'm kinda on the fence about wireless so I might get the 502 instead :iiam:

the G600 seems to have a 3 year warranty, is that still an option for you?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I bought a 502 plugged it in, and now I'm returning the Naga without even taking that out of the box. This mouse is unreal.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It'd be even better if it weren't a brick even before you put any weights in.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

BJPaskoff posted:

I bought a 502 plugged it in, and now I'm returning the Naga without even taking that out of the box. This mouse is unreal.
One of us, one of us!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

duckfarts posted:

the G600 seems to have a 3 year warranty, is that still an option for you?

If it's the standard 3 years since date of purchase, then I'm SOL because I did buy it in June 2013

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

KingShiro posted:

If it's the standard 3 years since date of purchase, then I'm SOL because I did buy it in June 2013

Logitech can be pretty nice about that kind of thing, might as well give it a try.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Now this mouse is probably going to take off, and there's nothing that can be done about it. G403, which goes back to the old MX500-series shape, it looks like. Comes in wired and wireless versions, at $69/$99 respectively.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/General-Tech/Logitech-G-Prodigy-mice-keyboard-and-headset-target-all-gamers-69

Article calls it "Intellimouse-like", which I don't really see, since those had a much steeper slope up front, but that mouse is about as close to an MX518 as I've seen in half a decade.

I'll probably buy it at some point in the future, too. :cry:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 2, 2016

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I didn't see it at first because I'm a blind idiot but yeah.... that left side looks more like any of the MX510/18s than I've seen so far. The right slope looks a bit off but.... It might be a day one buy for me honestly.

Edit: I guess me not recognizing the common features between the two says more about how long it's been since we had the 510s out and able to be bought

Audax fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Sep 2, 2016

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ9fA4WUC9w

Dmitri seems to be a fan. Pretty expensive for an 'entry level' piece.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Nah, that's the other mouse that was announced a few weeks ago, this one just got debuted. Don't care what Dmitri says, that thing is overpriced AF.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
That G403 is everything I wanted the G900 to be, and it's $50 cheaper.

Although man, I sure like my G502. Even though it's missing it's bottom now.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The G403 is the same price as the Gaming Pro. Seems odd given that one is supposed to be entry level and one is for pro gamers.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah the branding on these is a little confusing. The G403 Wired and Pro look very similar in terms of specs, Pro is 83g while 403 is 87g. G403 has a fatter butt and is more ergo shaped, where the Pro is more like a reasonably shaped G303. If you're the 'weight is everything' type it seems like the Pro is the way to go, but the G403 looks a lot more comfortable to me.

The G403 definitely looks fantastic though, reasonably priced Wired version, and the Wireless version has very similar specs to the G900 and is 50$ cheaper. However, you lose the amibidex or off-side button option, the free-spin and wheel tilt, and I'm assuming the mechanical pivot on the primary buttons. Doesn't seem like a bad tradeoff to me though, honestly that mousewheel looks like the style I prefer more than the G502/900 style anyway.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I want to put my hands on both of them before putting money down. :v:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Hurry up and release a wireless G503, logitech.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The Gaming Pro or whatever is listed as Buy Now instead of Preorder on the logitech site, now

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Crossposting because someone here might be able to help:

Jewel Repetition posted:

So I just got this mouse with Windows 10:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D68ZVY8/

And I like it's because it's probably the most comfortable mouse I've ever used in my life. But that blue windows logo button just brings up the start menu. Is there a way to hack that button to do something less completely useless?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jewel Repetition posted:

Crossposting because someone here might be able to help:

http://superuser.com/questions/682513/rebind-microsoft-sculpt-mobile-mouse-windows-key

quote:

After a bunch of digging around, I finally found a link on AutoHotKey with precisely this issue. I've tried the suggestion and it seems to work well.

Here is my autohotkey script that I am using to rebind my Windows button to be the back button, and the back button to be a forward button.
code:
RWin::Send {Browser_Back}
XButton1::Send {Browser_Forward}

quote:

So as said a few times in other answers, the window button is actually sending a keyboad event of the right window key. Now I assume most of us don't even have a right window key, if so you probably only use the left one anyway.

To deactivate the right window key we need to add a Binary value in regedit. Add it manually or save the below text in a .reg file. Works great for me!
Don't forget to reboot after.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,5C,E0,00,00,00,00

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Is the wireless G403 undercutting the cost of the G900? anyway is there a place other than the logitech site to buy it from I'm not from the US

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I've had a wired death adder for maybe like five years and it looks like the lmb gave out. What's a good replacement? Using a Logitech wireless for now I had sitting around, but I'd like to get a new wired one.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I've been looking to upgrade my mouse, that new logitech gaming pro looks nice but can't find a release date for Europe, but most importantly I need a mousepad; what's good, and should I get one with a gel wrist pad?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Honest Thief posted:

I've been looking to upgrade my mouse, that new logitech gaming pro looks nice but can't find a release date for Europe, but most importantly I need a mousepad; what's good, and should I get one with a gel wrist pad?

I have some mild carpel tunnel and I use a gel pad. It helps me quite a bit

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Any reliable brands? Seems like there's a poo poo ton of mousepad makers these days.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I think fancy mouse pads have generally kind of fallen out of favor, but there are still the cheap ones and those with fancy sewn-down edges or super large desk sized ones and ones that can be thrown in the washer to be cleaned. I've heard of people using Magic: the Gathering or similar CCG playmats for the purpose.

I myself use a Mario Party 4 mousepad I got years ago from a video game store.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
On the flip side, I roll up my mousemat and throw it in my bag when I go to play Magic with friends, it works great as a little playmat and keeps the cards clean.
I use a Glorious PC Gaming Race 18x16" mat, its nice. Brand name and logo are dumb as hell though.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Should I buy a EC2-a now or wait for the G403? The G403 looks like the right mouse but I dont know if it will take a month to ship from Newegg. To me they look really similar. I am a palm gripper with 7.25"/ 3.5" hands.

I went out and both the g300s and the g303 from Best Buy since they both dont have stupid designs but theyre both too small to palm.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Green Gloves posted:

Should I buy a EC2-a now or wait for the G403? The G403 looks like the right mouse but I dont know if it will take a month to ship from Newegg. To me they look really similar. I am a palm gripper with 7.25"/ 3.5" hands.

I went out and both the g300s and the g303 from Best Buy since they both dont have stupid designs but theyre both too small to palm.

The g403 isn't actually out yet, hence the newegg shipping time. Once it's released (likely in significantly less than a month) it will only take a couple days to get to you. So just wait if you think you'll like it more.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

This is a great idea, thanks. I already have an AHK script I run every time I start windows so I just added the keybindings to that. I also changed them to mousekeys instead of browser commands so they could be mapped in games but still have the right browser behavior by default:

RWin::Send {Xbutton1}
XButton1::Send {Xbutton2}

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Wait for the g403, go try it out in person at best buy when it arrives. Then see if you actually like side buttons that don't require you to drill to the center of the earth to activate.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Green Gloves posted:

I love my ec2-a and the403 looks very similar. It depends on how much you like Logitech aesthetics. If you like their buttons better and all the extra lights and software then go ahead and go 403 or save a bit and buy the ec2-a. Also the ec2 has a very glossy feel compared to the 403 if that turns you off. Also I'm looking at the wireless 403 version,its just as good as the g900 supposedly.

RBX fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 7, 2016

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

RBX posted:

I love my ec2-a and the403 looks very similar. It depends on how much you like Logitech aesthetics. If you like their buttons better and all the extra lights and software then go ahead and go 403 or save a bit and buy the ec2-a. Also the ec2 has a very glossy feel compared to the 403 if that turns you off. Also I'm looking at the wireless 403 version,its just as good as the g900 supposedly.

Hows the build quality of the ec2-a? I am disappointed that my sensei mouse is having issues after only 2-3 years. I liked it a lot but I want an optical mouse now.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh build quality is perfect, some people don't like the side buttons but I don't use em much and they're fine anyway. It's a nitpick you'll prolly hear alot.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Which Logi mice have the same scrollwheel as the G700s? I like it, but I don't need a gaming mouse on my webbrowsing machines.

Not the bizarro-world mousewheel they put on the M560, where middle click has been inexplicably moved to a tiny button and pressing the mousewheel is what toggles freescroll.

Anything would be an upgrade, my secondary is an ancient V320 with the massive USB adapter.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Just got a G402. What sold me was the two buttons just to the left of the left mouse button.

Fallout 4's console-cancer had required me to develop a really abnormal control binding to tackle the locked bindings of the game's interface, and my M570 trackball was what I based it around, and the M570 has those same two buttons on the front.

I recently tried playing Fallout 4 with a mouse, but I missed those front buttons so much that none of my mice fit with how I had gotten used to playing the game.

If this G402 pans out, it might replace all my other mice because I use the M570 so much that it would be more consistent to move from it to the G402 rather than something derived from the intellimouse.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've got a G400s that I'm thinking of replacing. Only one of the side buttons is in a convenient spot for me, and the scroll wheel is both starting to stick a bit, and too smooth for me to get a good grip on.

I've been getting into Arma lately, so I've been wondering how bad a choice it'd be to go with a comedy "MMO Gaming Mouse" with fifty buttons. Ideas? Or at least, something with a decent scroll wheel...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Massasoit posted:

I have some mild carpel tunnel and I use a gel pad. It helps me quite a bit

I use one of these:

http://www.allsop.com/mousepads-and-wrist-rests/wrist-assist-black-/

They're great because unlie most wrist pads, they slide with your arm, they're not fixed in place.