Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
I have a question about the deathadder.

For some odd reason, I have to now apply a lot of pressure in order to middle click. I'm not sure what the issue is (I hope it's not a broken button). Could someone help me diagnose what the hell is going on? Mousewheel scrolls fine, only the middle click is funky.

Weird, it somehow fixed itself. Maybe just clicking over and over again helped.

GoldenNugget fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Linux Nazi posted:

razer stuff

I've had a deathadder for almost two years and it's fine :/. drat good mouse so far.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
I'm interested in buying a mouse for my new netbook. What's a good small portable mouse with good responsiveness and battery life if wireless (I really don't want to lug around my deathadder since I'll be traveling a lot in the next few months).

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

WanderingKid posted:

Some of Razer's design decisions really make me scratch my head though. I mean glossy plastic sides on the Deathadder? Come on! Its a magnet for skin, oil, dust and lint. The rubberized coating feels great at first but over time it hardens and it rubbed off in patches when I tried to clean my old Pro Click using a lens cloth and water. The printed Razer logo on the Pro Click also has the permanence of a transfer and it was wiped off within the first week.

The loving mousewheel on my new Deathadder has started, not squeaking exactly but its rubbing against something and you can hear + feel it. Its not even a month old!

I don't feel as if Razer build their mice to last. They'll mostly work 3 years from now but they will look and feel like poo poo. Thats the way it was with my old Pro Click and I'm seeing the same signs appearing with my new Deathadder.

The scroll wheel is my biggest problem with the deathadder. It's nice but it clogs up with crap from oil to hair to dust. Mine stopped middle clicking and because of this I had to routinely clean the scroll and underneath the rubber part with an alcohol pad. I also had to open it up once to check out an issue with it.

The glossy sides are a problem but I can deal with that.

Otherwise it's a solid mouse that works well and hasn't broken down on me over the last three years.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Nevvy Z posted:

I just got a Lacheisis. My only real complaint is that the leds flicker and pulse. Is there an easy way to fix this I don't want to return it.

Going from a $20 laser mouse to 4k dpi and never moving my hand more than an inch is loving amazing.

I used to use a Microsoft wired optical mouse from target and it was amazing except for the sensitivity, but when it finally shat out after years of loyal service the cheapest 5 button I could find was $45.

If you install the Razer drivers there should be an option in the Razer software to turn off all the lights if the pulsing or brightness of the leds bother you. At least that's how it is with my Deathadder.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Jetfire posted:

Anyone else with a Razer Deathadder having problems with the scroll wheel's click function? The last few days I've had to press super hard to get the middle-click to register more often than not. I've had this mouse for less than a year, so it'd be drat disappointing if it begins to wear out already. Updated drivers didn't make it any better or worse, as far as I could tell.

Another option is to clean the hair and oil that collects in it. It's pretty nasty but it usually helps a lot. You could also open it up to fix it but that's usually too much of a hassle.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

WanderingKid posted:

I've pretty much had it with my left handed DeathAdder so I'm pawning it off on adverts.ie and I'm going back to ambidextrous. The shape is just hosed up and I can't get used to it. Its really tall and the buttons have a bone shattering click to them. It picks up hand grease and dirt like nothing else I've ever seen thanks to the glossy plastics and I know from previous experience with a pro click that the rubberized coating wears off. My left hand feels cramped and sore after using it for more than 15 minutes.

I don't want to go back to a pro click or anything by Razer. I just want 3 buttons, a scroll wheel, and 2 usable side buttons. No garish lights, no gimmicks, no annoying software/control panel. I used to use a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical a long time ago and I remember that being classy (even if it only had 3 buttons). But I don't hear Microsoft's name ring out in this thread these days. That would imply theres better out there?

:confused:

I've had a DeathAdder with the glossy sides for three years and yes the gunk on the sides that collects is pretty nasty. The matte, rubberized plastic on the top has not come off for me though.

They made a black version which gets rid of the glossy sides and makes the wheel black instead of clear. I don't know if they have a southpaw version of it though. I'm definitely getting that version once my current DeathAdder dies.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
So my deathadder 1800dpi is probably just about done for. The nice rubberized surface is starting to wear off and the middle mouse doesn't work anymore unless I really work it.

I'm thinking about upgrading to one of the newer Deathadders. I only had two main complaints about the 1800dpi. One was that the mouse would collect grime really easily in the cracks and the mouse wheel would get filthy. The other complaint is that the sides were the shiny plastic. I know the black edition Deathadder fixed the side shiny plastic but the 2013 edition does look a lot more polished... There's about a 25 dollar difference between the two. Is it worth an upgrade or should I wait a bit?

Thanks in advance.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
I love my death adder but razer keeps doing annoying things with their build quality. Admittedly these problems didn't kick in until 2-3 years of use.

First DA the sides collected grime, the middle mouse button stopped working (thanks ArmA2 action menu), the matte coat started wearing, and it started double clicking with single clicks.

Second DA many issues were rectified but this one the rubber grips are falling off now, still functional however.

Any recs to get these rubber grips back on? How is the chroma in comparison to the 2013 version?

Any recommendations for a mouse that is similar to the DA? In case I get sick of just random stuff malfunctioning and/or falling off my mouse?

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
I just bought a logitech g pro for 35 bucks. Hoping the quality will be better than razer. I love the DA but there are too many finnicky issues with it that I'll try out the g pro. Hear it works well with claw grip so I'm guessing it'll work well.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

halokiller posted:

They have the only wireless mouse that could run for months on AA batteries.

So true. I had a mx anywhere mouse for my laptop and while I didn't use it every day, the batteries lasted for nearly two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
Liking my G pro so far, like the lightness and it feels sturdy. I also have a light right mouse click but I haven't had time to play around with it. So far not that bad tbh. Works fine with claw grip.