Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Risk
Jul 16, 2008

AGlassOfMilk posted:

This is the only mouse you'll ever need.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249020

I have this and after a year of use the material that was so awesome to begin with is worn down, the side button that per default is "Back" in web browsing is broken and skips five instead of one page back. The logo is disappearing which i normally don't care about on standard plastic mice, but in this case it's just testiment that the rough finish doesn't last forever.

It's still as fast as ever though and the scroll wheel is the best i've used, but for the above reasons - i don't recommend it unless you get it for free or at a huge discount.

Edit: as for the logitech 518 mice that are so popular, i can't stand how unergonomic they are. They end in sort of a "stump" forcing me to angle my hand upwards. It's a carpal tunnel mouse per design and it's what builds the lump on ones wrist, similar to the lump on a middle finger from pen/pencil usage.

-Risk fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Risk
Jul 16, 2008

Tab8715 posted:

What's everyone using for a mouse pad?

http://www.puretrak.com/products/item/6

It's the new QcK Heavy, absolutely flawless tracking with my gray IME3.0.

Anyone who knows what laser sensor is in the R.A.T?